Throttle Position Sensor Replacement

tasauto.com

6GA Vendor
Reaction score

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Replacement

I am sure many of you have experienced problems with Honda's sensitive and fragile TPS. This critical sensor is easily damaged due to its location on the back of the throttle body. It is very common to see a broken TPS when you are swapping engines. Taking an H or F series out of the cramped bay without damaging this sensor can be difficult.

Here is a great example of what can happen
IMG_0762.jpg

Honda does not sell this sensor because it is attached to the throttle body with a "non-removable" torque sensitive screw. They want you to spend $300+ for a brand new throttle body. So here is the solution! Use a dremel or other cutting tool to create a slot in the screw head as pictured above. Now you can use a flat head screwdriver to remove the 2 screws.

Underneath the TPS you should see this
IMG_0765.jpg

And here is your solution...now available from T.A.S. Auto

Now available from T.A.S. Auto
90-02 BLOX THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS)
Blox Racing has developed this replacement TPS for F and H series engines that looks and works just like the original. The elongated hole locations allow you to adjust for the proper voltage; just like the Honda original.
Part #500400 Price:$49.95

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
sweeeeeeeeeeet...i need one. local parts place had one for like $30 (cost) but gave me the wrong one so **** them :lawl:

those allen screws are awesome...ill hopefully order one in the next week or so cause my car runs like ****

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
this is the only thing i have hated abt honda usa.

in japan they come with normal screws tht make it an easy everyday swpa but over here they "make" you buy a whole new tb to fix it

i have done this exact procedure before and it works perfectly AS LONG AS THE VOLTAGE IS PERFECT, .45v at closed i think

Back