Throwout bearing

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I am replacing my clutch with the Exedy OEM clutch. I've read about certain aftermarket replacement Throwout bearings make a noise when in Neutral and clutch is released. Has anyone had this issue with the bearing included in the Exedy kit? I can get the Honda OEM clutch disc, pressure plate (No Throwout bearing) for approx 30 bucks more than Exedy OEM kit.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I've always used oem throwout bearings on aftermarket clutches with no issue. You don't have to use the one included.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
I jus got my clutch done ...all Exedy OE.....Clutch disc, pressure plate, and bearing...been riding on it for 2.1k miles....and i absolutely love it

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I've heard this happning with Throwout breaings from Aftermarket OEM companies. One i've heard of a lot was Dynapak/Fenco.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
what kind of noise is it?
i had an exedy clutch installed with my transmission swap.
so i'm not sure of any noise being normal or irregular.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
any particular reason? ive never heard of tht before

Sorry, just saw this. I do this because some aftermarket throwout bearings just suck. The mechanic on my first car (accord) recommend it to me. Then when i got my clutch done on my talon, DSS (reputable shop in central cali) told me they swore by this. I've just done it ever since. Works great in my experience. But yeah, just recommendation and having no problems.

I know a few people who have had to pull tranny's on high powered dsms and found that the aftermaket TO bearing was pretty torn up. That is what makes me stick with oem.

Back