Tinted tail lights, light nice?

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
So I'm lookin at a set (all four) lights for my 99 sedan. And they are like... Impossible dark. Guy wants $50. I'm wondering if it's going to be an issue with the bulbs not shining through. LED bulbs might help? Suggestions? Pics of lights on?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
you should be fine, i had a darker set before these and i never had an issue

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If all else fails, take some pure acetone and wipe off the dark tint in a few sessions. It must be wiped while it's wet. If it dries, just apply more until you can wipe it all off. It does NOT damage the plastic and is totally safe. It does not cause a glaze/haze on the plastic either. Good luck. For $50 it's worth it. Then you can just re-tint them to your own desired darkness.

Griffeycom

Reaction score
If all else fails, take some pure acetone and wipe off the dark tint in a few sessions. It must be wiped while it's wet. If it dries, just apply more until you can wipe it all off. It does NOT damage the plastic and is totally safe. It does not cause a glaze/haze on the plastic either. Good luck. For $50 it's worth it. Then you can just re-tint them to your own desired darkness.

Goof off works really well too. I used it to clean off a set of tails I bought here on the forum.

Back