tknightt Black MT Sedan

tknightt

Reaction score
Doesn't matter either way, you've been building this car your way which is what I like to see. It's got your own personality in it!

thanks, I actually didn't choose the headlights, I have a 2nd 6th gen with chrome headlights (instead of black) and I like the chrome better, they will be swapped over when I get a chance.

tknightt

Reaction score
This is gonna come out nice?

hope so, still having problems with the idle, I have the fluacting idle problem. I had used a JDM intake which already had a 3 wire IACV, but I guess the USDM ECU doesn't like it. I'm in the process of replacing the upper plenum with a USDM.

tknightt

Reaction score
Type S ran it about 10 miles. Balancer shaft tensioner spring fell off into the timing belt and made it skip a few tooth. Had the timing redone and everything ran fine, however, the valve cover was put on temporarely after the timing had been redone and the car ran 1/2 a mile like this. This ended up flooding all 4 spark plug stacks with oil (not alot but enough to be a concern).

I pulled the spark plugs out, cleaned them and put them back in (so engine cylinder now had some oil in them). Car didn't start (of course), pulled the plugs out and replaced with new ones. Car started, puffed ALOT barely kept idle. eventually stalled. Now it won't start at all. I think a may have screwed it up big time.
I know I probably did alot of things wrong there.

Luckily I picked up a Complete Euro R engine last week, swapped into a 5th Gen Prelude. I'm debating just pulling my whole type S and just putting the Euro R in instead. It's already working. I would have to reuse an Accord harness since the 5GP harness is different.

Decisions decisions

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Luc, since you have a gold mine for finding cars/parts, you might as well swap the engine and just have something completely new in the car.

tknightt

Reaction score
I do have a nack for finding good deals. I was lucky I could get my hand on the Complete Euro R engine even has the T2W4 LSD transmission. My only concern is knowing myself if I just pull out the type S (that's fully painted) and just stick the Euro R engine in I will be disapointed in how it looks.

---little update on the car, this morning it was able to start but barely kept idle again. I have a CEL for O2 Sensor, so I'm figuring the Cat converter might have gotten clogged with all the crap the got burned off. Will have to pull off the exhaust and check it out.

But if I can get the car back up and running I also have a spare Euro R intake manifold complete with injectors and TB. I might modify it to fit the Type S engine.

More news to follow.

Back