Transmission Issue on 2000 Accord 4c

LoCoNights

Reaction score
Hope im putting this in the right place! So i want driving home for a wedding this weekend. About 50 miles into my drive, i noticed that the CEL has turned on. I think nothing of it. About 5 mins later, my car wont pass 4,000 rpms. This was on the highway going about 70 mph. This has never happen to this car before. So i drive it home trying to keep it under 4,000 rpms. I get home and use a paper clip to get the codes. Comes up as code 31

P1686 A/T FI Signal B Low Input
P1687 A/T FI Signal B High Input

i didnt have a code reader so i couldnt pin point if i had one code or both. I reset the CEL by pulling a fuse and the light has not come back. The transmission on the car has felt solid since i have owned it. I got it 2 years ago with 82,000 miles and i just hit 110,000. Worth noting that i havent changed the A/T fluid during this time. I know the transmission was rebuild once. Also, when shifting from drive to reserve you can feel a very light bump. As someone who has had cars with tranny problems i would called the bump mild. Ive searched to find what the codes could mean but cant find any info. Worth noting that it seems like the car can go past 4,000 rpms now but i havent had alot of time to really open it up on the highway yet. Please help!!

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Has the code came back up?
When you got the code it probably threw the car in to safety mode.

LoCoNights

Reaction score
As of right now the code has not come back. Any idea what sensor I would have to change?? Very little information online about this.

LoCoNights

Reaction score
Seems ok. Like I said I haven't been been able to drive it at high speeds on the highway like I was. I was doing about 75 when it happened. Been going about 60 today and it was fine

Back