Trunk latch release

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Someone recently broke into my car and stole my deck (pioneer avic d3). Thankfully they didnt go in my trunk and see my tools and sub. I would like to lock my trunk with they key (which worked when I bought the car 4 years ago) but now it seems that my key wont go in to the lock. I tried clearing the keyhole with an air can, but it still feels like something is stuck inside. If I i cant fix this, I'll just un do the cable, so back to my original question does anyone know how to remove the plastic housing from the lever thing?

Thanks

twofast4u

Reaction score
Just so were clear...I know how to pop the lever, I want to take off the plastic piece surrounding the lever to disconnect the cable. I don't see any screws, so if I pry on it it should come out right?

And yes this is not the valet key :)

KSKENE247

Reaction score
your planning on removing the cable all together?? check it from all angles and while your prying, try to see if it lifts, or doesnt lift, in and specific areas. The last thing you want to do is break it. Sometimes you have to lift the level to find the screw, so check under there

Back