Tucking a V6

RickyG

Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you may know the main bolt on my alternator broke and the possibility of me having to pull the motor to drill it out is ever increasing. so in the event that the motor does have to come out. i want to tuck some stuff. I already removed the cruise control. but i don't know what else to move, and where.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
You should do some research on engine bay tucks, before asking general questions. I don't think people have that much experience here with tucking I4 bays, let alone a V6. I know you will need to move battery, reroute AC lines, and get a consolidated engine harness. As for everything else, sensors need to be tucked too, random wires. It's not an easy task at all, that's why it's so expensive to get done professionally.

Good luck with this, let us know if you do it, and read up on it :thumbsup:.

RickyG

Reaction score
i'll be sure to read up on it some more. I just remember reading an article in honda tuning not too long ago about this guy who tucked engine bays. his crx didn't look like it should even run.

RickyG

Reaction score
i read some articles on it and i'm just gonna take the do it one or 2 things a time route. and i'm not planning on doing a full hardcore tuck i just wanna clean the bay up a little.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Honda-tech has a 500-600 page thread. Keep in mind that some of the "innovators' in the honda scene do keep alot of secrets though to protect their businesses.

Be realistic though. I was considering doing this (on tuck, no shave) but i'm not getting rid of ABS, AC, or power steering. It just doesn't make much since as these are the things that draw the most attention.

I'd definitively consider a respray of your bay if you take the time to pull the motor, unless your paint is really good.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i wanted 2 go 2 chasebays yet they are nowhere near me... im gonna try 2 see if i can get a shop 2 do mines for cheap... other than that, there are alot of DIY's aroind

Back