Units Specs Worth Sacrificing

Mikey

Reaction score
Looking at DVD units. Currently, these two;

Kenwood DDX-419
Power Acoustik PD-769NB

Member here has the former, found the latter through process of elimination.

Long story short, the PA is flip down with detachable face plate(Images show remote and no USB plug but spec list says NO remote and USB port). Having a detachable face is a HUGE plus for me, as is an ACTUAL usb port on the front--BUT are they worth the lack of other accessories?

The Kenwood has better outputs, an actual USB port, and overall more options but only utilizes a security code. Not to mention, it only plays Region 1 DVDs(Is that really an issue??).

I really doubt Im going to find the EXACT thing I want, for the price range I can afford, and it be a legit, long-lasting item. I'll have to sacrifice somewhere, Im just curious what areas people think are least important or worth sacrificing.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I would say at the least you could sacrifice the RMS output. It won't really make that much of a difference.

lashlee

Reaction score
I would stay away from brands that aren't normally considered H/U manufacturers. Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Eclipse, JVC, Pioneer, etc... and to what cleansleeper said max power is a worthless number. It doesn't matter and usually an amp is added to get some clean power. I've installed a 418, and a 7190 as well as having a 9980 in my wife's car. I've got an Alpine IVA-W505 in my Accord. I would look on Craigslist since you'll find some deals second hand if you know what you want and what to look for.

JetLife

Reaction score
35ko22b.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score
Jet, you're the reason I looked at it, lol.

Talked to an A/V buddy of mine and he also suggested sticking with Kenwood. Or at least staying away from power acoustik. :lawl:

JetLife

Reaction score
Jet, you're the reason I looked at it, lol.

Talked to an A/V buddy of mine and he also suggested sticking with Kenwood. Or at least staying away from power acoustik. :lawl:

goodlooks bro:thumbsup:

Back