What does this button do.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
That's to disengage your alarm if the remote doesn't work. When aftermarket alarm going off, after you put key in ignition, press that button to disengage the alarm, that's what it did in my civic

DizzyP

Reaction score
Back in some of the 2000 V6s a few Honda assembly workers knew they were gonna get fired so they installed a self destruct button. If you hold the button down then put your car in the on position (don't start it), put it in Reverse and click your heels three times and say "There's no place like home.". Then put it in Park and let go of the button. The car will start then In about a minute the engine with blow up. Don't even think about doing it without the proper permits. I never looked into were the Mic was for the speech part since I have a 2001.

Speaking of explosives, another fun fact. The military has used Silly String to help locate explosive trip wire.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Who knows.

Trace wires, prolly lead to 'box' ziptied under d/s, post #s on box.

J0hnalex

Reaction score
I run a used car lot I see this everyday. It is a Aftermarket alarm with a remote start. If you find one day that your car won't start hit that botten while turning the key.

It also could be a dumby ignition switch. I've seen cars wired where to start the car you have to hold down a secret botten so the car can't be stolen even with the key! But that's unlikely It's an aftermarket alarm!

J0hnalex

Reaction score
I run a used car lot I see this everyday. It is a Aftermarket alarm with a remote start. If you find one day that your car won't start hit that botten while turning the key.

It also could be a dumby ignition switch. I've seen cars wired where to start the car you have to hold down a secret botten so the car can't be stolen even with the key! But that's unlikely It's an aftermarket alarm!

Brad2274

Reaction score
this reminds me i still have some blinking gps tracker in the dash i put in my car, should probably take that out...

Back