Whining nose

kcollazo86

Reaction score
Hello Well I have a quick question I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before.. Well i just got my 6th gen back from the mechanic and got the timing belt, cam seal, water pump all OEM and now my car makes like this whining noise i took it back he said just to let it brake in but im just not to sure about it.

champaned_out

Reaction score
maybe they added a supercharger? -__-

your belt is probably rubbing up against something, it only makes that noise when you start the car up right?

kcollazo86

Reaction score
maybe they added a supercharger? -__-

your belt is probably rubbing up against something, it only makes that noise when you start the car up right?

no it makes it at all time sounds like a supercharger lol when you hit the gas when the car is on netural you can hear it whine like its coming from the belts.. so im guessing the belts are to tight how would you know how tight or how loose a timing belt suppose to be ?

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
Your timing belt is too tight. Trust me, I took mine to a shop a long time ago and they tightened it (although they didn't ask me if I wanted them too). They told me it would stretch out over time, but it wont.

I have heard that when you buy a new timing belt, it will stretch out slightly. But just recently I was told that, the timing belt is pre-set, meaning as soon as you put it on, it should be good to go.

My advice, is give it a couple weeks. If it is still there, take it back and have them take it off, and put it on again normal.

twokAccord

Reaction score
if it sounds like a supercharger then leave it alone and drive down the street turning heads lol

Back