Wiper linkages?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My stock one failed ~7 years ago (@~7 years old). The main arm fell loose, so I made it a uniwiper :p

That was temporary, I replaced the whole mess shortly after. But the new-er one is failing too, ithas not fallen off yet, but it has lots of slop. I don't remember what I used, but I just ordered a Dorman.

I'm just wondering how often should I expect this. So far it looks like they only last ~7 years, that's about 3 years short of an acceptable design.

james'99

Reaction score
Definitely doesn't seem like something that should happen often. Would love to tell you mine is OE, but I might be lying in saying so.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Also, the fact that is so widely available aftermarket it must be a common failure. When the new one gets here I'll modify it before I put it on. Maybe some dust boots & zerks. If I keep it lubed every year or so, it *should* last forever.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The new one was here a few weeks back, there was no way to install boots or zerts that I found. The stock reg had ONE worn bushing (out of 4)! So I saved the rest, the next time it wears one, I have a spare (that's ~5yr), and the next time (+5=10yr), and the next time (+5=15yr), but after 20 more years, I might need another, if I can find one :/

Edit: and I used 5yr untill it fails again because I went aftermarket. OEM last 7 years, but aftermarket bits are never as good.

Last edited:
Back