Worth it to add the TL front sway bar?

cajun

Reaction score
Probably the last member on this site to do it, but I recently installed the TL rear sway. Great mod - wish I had done it sooner. Is it worth it to also add the TL front sway? From the numbers I've seen stock (sedan) is 26.5mm and the TL is 27.4. Doesn't seem like that would do much. My suspension is stock otherwise.

nexTOme

Reaction score
other than showing understeer characteristic, i really don't know what it will do.
however, i know 6thgens and most of cars have plenty of understeer, so i personally wont like adding front sway.

but front and rear are made to work together. so in that sense, i guess it kinda "completes" the whole setup. someone with better knowledge on suspension should chime in tho.

cajun

Reaction score
Just saw your pics - nice 7thGen. The 6-6 is a real MOFO.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
TLs rear sway fits the I4s right? think i read somewhere it only worked on V6 but dont see why that would be...

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
^^ You'd be surprise how searching could be ur best friend on here..Jus search dude,and u shall find!!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think you will find lowering the car with other suspension upgrades will make even more of a difference.

I haven't really researched it myself, but can you have the dual strut bar setup on the 7th Gen's like you can on the 6th Gen's?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Changing the FSB on our cars will not make much of a difference. The RSB is what will eliminate most of the body roll and understeer that is there stock, which is why most members on here got the TL MT 20mm bar, or the Progress bar and called it a day.

Now that you have the RSB swapped, the rest of the play in your suspension can be greatly reduced with a shock/spring combo, or nearly absent with a good set of coilovers as SykVSyx mentioned.

Back