X2oo5s 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
In my honest opinion, its a way better car than an automatic accord. The transmission will probably hold up longer. :thumbsup:

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
transmission wise yes.
engine no.
I heard a engine give out at like 20k. Not saying its all of them. But with my parents past history with american cars, I would think twice. My mom had a '99 Dodge Intrepid with 89K miles and burned oil like crazy. My dad bought brand spankin new Chevy Lumina, 20k later he had already invested 4k into it. Also '01 plymouth voyager thing had insane valve ticking at like 60k miles.

DXaccorD

Reaction score
not my cup of tea/car of choice but still congrats always a good feeling buying a new car!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
transmission wise yes.
engine no.
I heard a engine give out at like 20k. Not saying its all of them. But with my parents past history with american cars, I would think twice. My mom had a '99 Dodge Intrepid with 89K miles and burned oil like crazy. My dad bought brand spankin new Chevy Lumina, 20k later he had already invested 4k into it. Also '01 plymouth voyager thing had insane valve ticking at like 60k miles.

Vehicle wise yes, they are more reliable than an auto 6thgen. Trust me, the plague of those automatic transmission infects almost every single car that is mated with an automatic.

Also, Ive not heard of any issues with the cobalt. I wouldn't buy the car, but the person who bought it honestly made a better decision than his autotragic accord.

The newer american cars are much more improved than 10 years ago.

X2oo5

Reaction score
the reason I got rid of the car because the engine and transmission were on the way out, along with 1000 dollars more worth of work, even with the regular maintance it had seen its days with only 186000kms...

But I like the cobalt as it has more lower rpm power, not the higher rpms like the accord.. aswell I would have gotten an SS 4 door if I could have found one, but i didnt feel like buying an 2009 vehicle, I got this 05 cobalt for aton less...

but as ive said, I have a motor/transmission waiting for me, just gotta get alittle bit of money together to get it and do the swap.

*aswell I have accord parts for sale, just gotta wait till 50 posts to actually post them*

X2oo5

Reaction score
So I still have the cobalt, still stock, just regular maintance... been looking at getting another honda accord lol either a 02 5 spd 4 door or a 00 auto 4 door.

or option B is to get a 2010 Cobalt SS/TC, fun car if i can find one

Back