sonni_kuba 2001 'Mugen' J32A2/6MT Accord

Walerok94

Reaction score
Hey guys kinda new to forums and 6thgenaccord, but does anyone know they got that accord emblem on the grill?:banghead:

Varnell

Reaction score
An additional teaser, here is a photoshop render of the fender flare outlines to scale.

accord_2001_fender_flared.jpg

The body shop will use these as a guide to mold the flares, onto the fender and bumpers. The goal will be to have the fenders flares 'disappear' or blend anterior and posterior of the wheel well.

Like this ...

redtib1mg3.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

FYI, the lateral projection (how much it sticks out from the side) for the fender flares is 2".

It seems our thought processes are very similar.

So far I'm liking this option:

http://www.stancenation.com/forums/showthread.php?8415-Widebody-8th-Gen-Accord-Coupe-in-Progress

Also, this Subie made some 5th gen Accord flares look great:

38251340001_large.jpg

38251340004_large.jpg

38251340002_large.jpg

White6GAV6

Reaction score
That Subaru looks good!

Keep in mind with the method used on the 8th gen accord, however much you extend the metal out, you're also extending it down too. So you'll be tucking more tire/wheel with that method.

Mmorris828

Reaction score
I love what you have done with the car, excellent work. Very Clean. I had question about your fogs. I too have the JDM CF4 fogs that i got off of ebay, but i dont have them installed yet. How did you install/mount these? No mounting hardware was included with the lights i got. I also liked your other OEM fogs that you had before, and up until i revisited your post yesterday and saw your new ones, i was thinking of putting those on instead of the JDM ones. Mainly because at first glance i didnt think the JDM would fit. Why did you change if you dont mind me asking? Again, great job on the car.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love what you have done with the car, excellent work. Very Clean. I had question about your fogs. I too have the JDM CF4 fogs that i got off of ebay, but i dont have them installed yet. How did you install/mount these? No mounting hardware was included with the lights i got. I also liked your other OEM fogs that you had before, and up until i revisited your post yesterday and saw your new ones, i was thinking of putting those on instead of the JDM ones. Mainly because at first glance i didnt think the JDM would fit. Why did you change if you dont mind me asking? Again, great job on the car.

This accord is ****ing sexyyyy, super unique!... did those fogs require any cutting? They look like a direct fit??????

Thanks guys ... unfortunately getting these fog lights to fit involves cutting quite a lot of the front bumper. After you cut the bumper to fit the fog light assemblies, you have to use body compound to fill in the gaps, smooth, sand, prime, and paint. Had it done in a body shop, currently fog lights are held by an epoxy kind of compound, eventually, I'd like to use on of my existing OEM USDM fog light brackets to secure the CF4 fog light via an L bracket. Will keep you posted.

Mmorris828

Reaction score
Dang, I was kinda hoping it would have been minimal modifying of the bumper to get these to fit. Seeing them on the car makes me want to install mine for sure. I guess I'll have to try to find a body shop that is up for the challenge. What do you think a shop would charge to do the modification for the fogs, and the molding/painting of the front lip? Thanks

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, I was kinda hoping it would have been minimal modifying of the bumper to get these to fit. Seeing them on the car makes me want to install mine for sure. I guess I'll have to try to find a body shop that is up for the challenge. What do you think a shop would charge to do the modification for the fogs, and the molding/painting of the front lip? Thanks

Anywhere from $300 to $1500 ... depends on how busy they are ... a lot of them don't wanna go down that road because there is a lot of free hand work with which they'll have difficulty in estimating how long it will take them.

Mmorris828

Reaction score
Well that's disappointing. I'll try to find a shop to mod the bumper for the fogs. If not, I'll probably just get the oem style fogs. They look good too. What about the molding of the front lip? Do you think a shop would be more inclined to do something like that? If so, what do you think they would charge for the molding and painting? Same for rear lip? Thanks.

Back