Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Dang the RL caliper does protrude out pretty far, no way my Works would clear those without spacers. Can you measure the distance from the front rotor braking surface out to the front of the caliper?

Still not clear on how the custom bracket bolts to the hub and caliper, can you get a photo of the back that will show more of that assembly? Next time you take the wheel off or jack up the car.
It sticks out 2.25 inches from rotor to face of caliper. Oh yeah my bad forgot about that here it is

635d446625536294c3b6dfa00b489fb3.jpg

f9460d9c235afadb54d7b8c03a12763e.jpg

So basically you bolt on the bracket to the two holes on the knuckle. That will hold the bracket in place. The two holes on the side is where you bolt on the caliper

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Jeeeez those stick out.. I'm going to need a huge spacer to run my wheels with those might be selling mine now lol

604ACCORD

Reaction score

I have about an inch and a half from the face of my rotor to my rim so I would need like 20mm spacer.

phi1542

Reaction score

I have about an inch and a half from the face of my rotor to my rim so I would need like 20mm spacer.
Hmm maybe since you said the RL calipers looked smaller maybe you could do that instead.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Updated with a few new pics of how the car currently sits. Installed the new coilovers and it rides so much better than my blown ones lol Fronts were a breeze to install but the rears were a PITA..... Set them to approximately 25.25 inches F and 25.75 inches R fender to ground. It's like 2 finger gap front and back. A more practical setting than I usually do hahaha tired of all the scraping

Couple new stuff coming up. Bought a AEM V2 CAI and oem modified short shifter from a member (lithiumus). I already have a CAI but for the price I had to grab the V2... Does anyone know if I could reuse the air intake when I do my H swap? I would assume it will still fit. Also ordered some sport pedals :)

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Dude car is lookin dope. I think I'm scrapping the bbk all together gonna spend the money I sell these for on a stand alone.

phi1542

Reaction score

Dude car is lookin dope. I think I'm scrapping the bbk all together gonna spend the money I sell these for on a stand alone.

Thanks haha it was super bright outside so the pictures kind of suck. I'll get better ones eventually haha and yeah man I think that's a good idea too. You can worry about the brakes later. Maybe you could do the Acura Legend BBK down the road. Should be way easier to fit but they dont look as cool

604ACCORD

Reaction score

With my rims u don't really see them anyway. Ya I might do a legend one later I'm he'll bent on boost right now lol

phi1542

Reaction score

With my rims u don't really see them anyway. Ya I might do a legend one later I'm he'll bent on boost right now lol
Yeah man after reading your post on scraping your H swap I was like bruh..... I might do the same... but I live in California and we have like the strictest emission laws on the planet so that's a no go. I can find someone to do an illegal smog but it cost like 300 bucks every 2 years. Expensive af. So for convenience I'm doing a smog legal H swap. I heard that you can't put an older engine in a newer car since prelude goes up to 01 and I have an 02. But the 01 02 accord is basically the same exact thing so I think it should be ok. I want to boost so bad though...... 250-300 whp daily would be nice! The sound of the BOV is amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back