PuzzleMaster94's J32 6MT 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So the car is fully drivable, all wiring is resolved? Meaning your swap is finally whole and complete? :lawl:

The CL-S dash is the one big mod I would have liked to do but never did. Gonna look sweet in black too. And easily matched to whatever color you are wrapping the car with.

Speaking of which, you doing that yourself?

Btw Progress RSB is 24mm. ;)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So the car is fully drivable, all wiring is resolved? Meaning your swap is finally whole and complete? :lawl:

The CL-S dash is the one big mod I would have liked to do but never did. Gonna look sweet in black too. And easily matched to whatever color you are wrapping the car with.

Speaking of which, you doing that yourself?

Btw Progress RSB is 24mm. ;)

I thought it was 28mm, oh well. Still a big upgrade from stock.

I do plan on wrapping it myself. After having the car go to a few different paint shops in it's lifetime, I just don't like the work being put out anymore. It's really my budget that is holding me back, because I don't really want to pay for the quality job and that price.

I wasn't originally going to wrap it myself, but here lately in my area, every little shop that does wrapping seems to be scamming people left and right. So I'm just going to do it myself now. That way I know it will done right.

I'm really tired of not having this car looking decent due to other's jobs, so I'm doing it myself. I can only blame myself from here on out.

Also yes, car runs and drives with no issues. Just gotta get it looking good and tuned now. Lot of ups and downs with this swap (mostly downs), but I am very happy I did it myself.

Glad to see you still have plans for it! Any ideas what wrap color you want to go with?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I've actually already bought the wrap. It's just a shade or two darker than what you have, so staying dark green.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Having driven the car a few times in the last week or so, I have discovered some issues. I still can't get the temp gauge to work, so I'm either going to put in an aftermarket temp gauge, or try to dive back into the wiring to figure it out again.

I know not many people are AEM in here, but when I get to warm idle and I start to hover around 14.7 constantly, when I try and take off, I lean out for a second or so. Not long before back in the 13s, but it still happens. Might just be the base map, but wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Also, just dialing the car in and then I'll be wrapping it. Really trying to take it to IA in St. Louis, but we may see. A lot to get done in a month.

Also here is a picture taken the other day. Don't mind the zipties.

Oh, and I bought a drift car the other day. My life is too expensive.

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So outta update this thread again. Just putting this first, yes it still runs and drives. Still on a base map, because I've been very busy with school, jobs, and other things. I really need to make time to finish this thing up to make it nice again. It's been far too long.

Anyway, still runs and drives fine. Still need to do the wrap, but my current garage is very dusty and not a great environment to do the wrap in, so looking for a place I can wrap my car in, so I don't have to constantly worry about getting dust and dirt under the wrap when doing the job. Having taken on different side jobs and stuff for more money while in engineering school, I put this car on the back burner. Gonna try and get it out more in 2020. It's fifty shades of green right now, so it needs to be one color again. That being said, I have really this 6MT swap process out to a science now, so that is really nice. Doing timing jobs and water pumps turned from a nightmare to a nice 4-6 hour job, if all goes well. So happy with the skill improvement.

Other than that, basically no mods to the car besides the rear sway bar and re-doing the exhaust this year. I also rarely drive and take pictures of this thing anymore too, like my TL.

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Also the Saab wagon in this is not mine, just my buddy's parts car

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If I gather all the parts together and drove down there, you have all the tools, etc to do a timing job in 8hrs max? Let me know what you'd charge to do it, or if you're even willing. I would seriously consider it.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
If I gather all the parts together and drove down there, you have all the tools, etc to do a timing job in 8hrs max? Let me know what you'd charge to do it, or if you're even willing. I would seriously consider it.

Depends on everything I have going on. I should probably be able to do that, depending on rusty bolts and all that fun stuff. I texted you about it though

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Update: Car has a new tune from English Racing in Washington state. Runs and drives great still. Still needs wrapped.

New Additions:
RL Calipers with 350Z rotors
LED Tail Lights (mostly complete now)
CLS Tan Seats
--Have not decided if I am sticking with tan or buying a black interior to put in this car yet
AEM Temp Gauge
Probably other things I forgot to include.

I know way too much about these engines/chassis now. That is all. If anyone needs any CLS6 parts or J series stuff, you know where to find me.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Glad to see this car is getting some works done! Would love to see the taillights!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice updates. Curious about the LED tails too!

I went back and forth on the black interior swap, but had such a hard time finding good black CL-S seats, tan were much more plentiful. And even if I did find black CL-S seats the 6GA "black" interior is actually charcoal gray (code X iirc) and it wouldn't have matched well enough for me. I also didn't want to mess with pulling the dash haha.

My neighbor just sold their 2001 V6 sedan, I almost let Bad Decisions Evan know about it. I was thinking about advertising it on here for them but they sold it on Facebook marketplace yesterday.

I thought about wrapping mine since one side of the car isn't looking so hot, but Jon persuaded me not to. I wish I knew a good body guy that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg to fix this thing up. Still plan to keep it though since coupes, V6's, and manual transmissions are all fading away.

Back