• j32, keep it simple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • j30/j35, built not bought!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Devin Dean

Reaction score
Happy 2021!

I'm about to swap my B7XA 4-Auto for the ATC6 6 Speed. I hope to collect as much info on this thread as possible to make it even easier for future swappers.

First and foremost: Wiring Harness. I'm going to be running stock ECU with stock J30a1. I guess RichieV6 created a swap harness 10 years ago that may or may not have been sold in quantities. I cannot find it. I've seen people leave the solenoids dangling and use dakota digitals to correct the speed sensors, although I'd rather do it cleaner.

If the bigger users on this site (RichieV6, Wheelman, RedRyder, etc,.) are still around to help I'd very much appreciate it.

I will avoid ECU swap/aftermarket ECU at all costs. I'd rather have a constant CEL than go through that torture.

I hope anyone with info on what wires and sensors need bypassing or if the custom harnesses are still around will reply to this thread, I will keep it public forever. Thanks!

Edit: I'm buying a CL-S trans, so I believe trans code is DEC6 not ATC6

Last edited:

Scorp

Reaction score
I just finished doing this about 3 months back. I have no check engine lights, no special harness. There was a guy here that had done it before. I'll see if I can find the link. The hardest part is finding the trans mount. It's no longer made. Start looking and asking questions on ebay. There is a yard out of pennsylvania that has a few laying around.

Devin Dean

Reaction score
I just finished doing this about 3 months back. I have no check engine lights, no special harness. There was a guy here that had done it before. I'll see if I can find the link. The hardest part is finding the trans mount. It's no longer made. Start looking and asking questions on ebay. There is a yard out of pennsylvania that has a few laying around.
No big deal if u can’t find link, I’m really just scared of the wiring. RI does state inspections so I can’t have a CEL forever, but personally I don’t mind.

When you did it, did you use a signal converter for the speedometer?

Also, would it work if I used the i4’s clutch relay for reverse lockout/lights?

Devin Dean

Reaction score
The trans I'm looking to buy had a comptech supercharger hooked up (pretty sure a j30). Not worried about the 200k, but that does worry me. Anyone have an opinion on it? No clue how she ended up in a junk yard.

Bump

619rcr

Reaction score
haven't been on 6GA in long time...

Anyways, j32 mt trans is good. have an 03 sc cls with ~225k.. it smoked 235/45/17s pretty easy. run 245/40s now. s/c in a heavy fwd car is not ideal

Adhmuz

Reaction score
Bro I have watched this guy’s playlist atleast 4 times. I had no idea he made a post about it. I appreciate you.
No problem, I was once upon a time thinking of doing the swap when I still had my 6th Gen, the car was getting rough, parts hard to find up here in Quebec, also why the car was rough. Since then bought an 8th Gen 3.5/6MT and have been happy with the car, when the body and chassis go on it I'll rebuild the engine and attempt to swap it into a 6th Gen if I can find a clean one.

The trans I'm looking to buy had a comptech supercharger hooked up (pretty sure a j30). Not worried about the 200k, but that does worry me. Anyone have an opinion on it? No clue how she ended up in a junk yard.

Bump
You'll need to start opening it up to see what and where things went wrong.

Can you bar over the engine? First thing that comes to mind is the timing belt snapped, Js are interference engines so the valves and pistons would have collided. At least you got the 6MT and supercharger.

Was it the whole car or just the engine, trans and charger?

Back