Leaking rear caliper

99F23VTech

Reaction score
This sounds familiar i had one leaking and i actually put it on the lift to look at it. Come to find out it leaked where the E- Brake came into the caliper. so if my e-brake was slightly pulled it wouldn't leak. and i went through a couple small bottles of fluid in a week... I had both of them replaced new rotors, calipers and pads for i think it was 289$ with labor...

Volo

Reaction score
This sounds familiar i had one leaking and i actually put it on the lift to look at it. Come to find out it leaked where the E- Brake came into the caliper. so if my e-brake was slightly pulled it wouldn't leak. and i went through a couple small bottles of fluid in a week... I had both of them replaced new rotors, calipers and pads for i think it was 289$ with labor...

I have the same problem. Brake fluid drips and leaks from the E-BRAKE area, right where the lever is. I had the same problem last summer, when I changed all the seals inside the caliper. And now - less than in a year - same problem from the same spot..
Any ideas what the actual problem could be? (Bought CENTRIC 14340015 Caliper Repair Kit)

INK DEMON

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Brake fluid drips and leaks from the E-BRAKE area, right where the lever is. I had the same problem last summer, when I changed all the seals inside the caliper. And now - less than in a year - same problem from the same spot..
Any ideas what the actual problem could be? (Bought CENTRIC 14340015 Caliper Repair Kit)

Unless it is cracked, sounds to me like the seals are failing. Centric kits are junk, try rebuilding with an OEM kit

Back