Leaking rear caliper

kamozee

Reaction score
The local shop here in Chicago showed me that my rear calipers are both leaking. He suggested to replace them and quoted me $170 each caliper which includes labour. He will use Monroe calipers. Is this a good price? Should I go with oem calipers instead?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
OEM calipers from Majestic are $110 each.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...HER&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=REAR+BRAKE+(DISK)

so if he used those, thatd be like $60 in labor. i couldnt find any pricing on Monroe calipers on their site....or even any listed calipers. im sure theyre probably cheaper.

if youre mechanically inclined at all, calipers are pretty easy to change. you just have to bleed the brakes afterwards, obviously.

kamozee

Reaction score
yea, youll def save money, youll just have to pay shipping on top of the cost of the 2 calipers.

I might buy the components for my 5 bolt swap now so I could save a little on shipping

Leaking from where and which calipers.

It's both rear calipers. He showed me brake fluid leaking from the top of the back of the caliper when looking at the car from behind on the hoist. Hope that makes sense

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I might buy the components for my 5 bolt swap now so I could save a little on shipping

nice. just so you know, both rear calipers are the same part, im pretty sure. ive read that somewhere before.

It's both rear calipers. He showed me brake fluid leaking from the top of the back of the caliper when looking at the car from behind on the hoist. Hope that makes sense

the bleeder screw? might be able to just replace that if nothing else is ****ed up. tho, im not sure if those just themselves are replaceable.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...how do we know he didnt just loosen the bleeder screws to make it look like they were leaking..

Back