Leaking rear caliper

kamozee

Reaction score
nice. just so you know, both rear calipers are the same part, im pretty sure. ive read that somewhere before.

Yes you are correct. The rear calipers are the same from i4 and v6

...how do we know he didnt just loosen the bleeder screws to make it look like they were leaking..

No he's legit. I was leaking brake fluid a few months back. My brake light would come on sometimes. When I got it checked out at Midas they showed me that the driver rear caliper was leaking. I just kept on topping off the brake fluid instead of replacing the caliper. Now it's been a few months and the brake light has not illuminated

Could my stainless steel brake lines be the culprit causing the leak somehow?

Last edited:

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
Strange, but one of my rear calipers broke open last year. The guys at the shop said they hadn't seen that happen before on a honda, but w/e. Either way I went to this place called autoparts international, I believe it's a local only warehouse thing. But I got the OEM piece in exchange for my busted one plus 90 bucks. Then put it on myself. It's quite easy, just take your time and bleed the brakes afterward. Stupid shop wanted to charge me close to 200 too. So it can be the caliper itself, just not likely I guess.

kamozee

Reaction score
Yes there is a rear big brake rotor for the 6th gen made by Wilwood

tnguyen600

Reaction score
i know they make it for the rear, but is it neccessary? I know you dont want brake bias but, still...one plus grand for some rear brakes lol

kamozee

Reaction score
The bbk for the rear by wilwood only costs $299 and uses the stock caliper

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
heads up, out of all the OEM sites i found, www.hondapartsnow.com was the cheapest. way cheaper than majestic when i bought stuff for my car. they only charge shipping and tax unlike shipping, handling, and tax like majestic

Back