Reaction score
Tools:

3/8 Ratchet
Fluid
Funnel
Pan
Jack
Jack stands

Jack car up and put on jack stands. Drain for auto tranny is on pass. side, loosen drain bolt, drain fluid into pan. Put bolt back, add fluid. While on jack stands, start car and bring and hold to 2k rpms in 1st, lower rpms, up to 2nd, lower rpms...etc. Drop the car and drive it. Repeat once more for your final fill.

so you're only draining twice and filling twice?

and what's the purpose of dropping the car and driving it as opposed to just running the car while on the jack stands?

jwong512

Reaction score
so you're only draining twice and filling twice?

and what's the purpose of dropping the car and driving it as opposed to just running the car while on the jack stands?

It's more safe to run your car on the road as when on stands. When your doing it on stands, accidents can happen.

Emphasis

Reaction score
Might be a silly question; but is the 3/8 ratchet going to be standard or metric? 6 pt., or 12 pt.?

Just trying to make sure everything is right.

intel0116

Reaction score
kinda glad this thread came up, ive done my tranny fluid change a few times, the drain bolt i located no prob, but as for the fill cap, i cant find that dam thing anywhere. so i have been filling up with tranny fluid via the test stick hole. someone please tell me theres an easyer way.
by the way i have the v6 with the stock auto tranny

Back