P72 and dyno tune

finch13

Reaction score
You can do all that in crome too. The issue with Crome these days is that you cant data log with it any more. I've been using Crome for about 6 years now with no issues. There is no need for small corrections due to weather or temperature when the tune is good. (And living in New England, I see just a brought spectrum of weather.

We dont tune any turbo or big NA builds on Crome anymore, we only use Hondata for those simply for its datalogging abilities.

Considering this is what I do for work, I have a lot of insight, but I think the thread is dying.

Unless they removed it recently, I'm fairly certain Crome Pro has data logging, just not the free version. I would assume any well known tuning facility would pony up the $400-600 or whatever it is for Crome Pro if they're tuning multiple cars with it. At least that's how it was a few years ago when I chipped a P28 for fun.

Drift

Reaction score
Unless they removed it recently, I'm fairly certain Crome Pro has data logging, just not the free version. I would assume any well known tuning facility would pony up the $400-600 or whatever it is for Crome Pro if they're tuning multiple cars with it. At least that's how it was a few years ago when I chipped a P28 for fun.

We have crome Pro, no data logging available any more. Its lame.

There is a product called Honda logger that can log, you can find info on that on the PGMFI.org board.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Can't you use freelog to data log with Crome Pro??
The only issues I heard with it is the compatability with Vista and Win 7, but there's a patch you can run to overcome that.

Drift

Reaction score
Can't you use freelog to data log with Crome Pro??
The only issues I heard with it is the compatability with Vista and Win 7, but there's a patch you can run to overcome that.

I've never heard of it, but Im downloading it now. I'll give it a go on my car and see if it works!

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Been reading a little bit about data logging with Crome, You need to cut the jumper at J12 to enable full duplex data logging in USDM ECU's apparently. The jumper on the JDM ecu's is actually J4 which is where some people go wrong. :thumbsup:

Has anyone ever told you, you're a legend in ya spare time Nick?? :bowdown:

Drift

Reaction score
Been reading a little bit about data logging with Crome, You need to cut the jumper at J12 to enable full duplex data logging in USDM ECU's apparently. The jumper on the JDM ecu's is actually J4 which is where some people go wrong. :thumbsup:

Has anyone ever told you, you're a legend in ya spare time Nick?? :bowdown:

Lol. Thanks :thumbup:

And you're right about the jumper. I've chipped my share of ecu's ;)

GlassJAw

Reaction score
The amount of threads I read where they were having troubles with the datalogging due to not cutting the jumper is unbelieveable...... I thought I should mention it for the other people here before they have the same issue!!:rofl:

9450erick

Reaction score
tuning delayed due to boomslang obd2b to obd1 harness has not arrived yet.
but if there is data logging i would love to hav that program. ima ask my tuner

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Apparently Crome Pro has data logging inbuilt (supposedly), you just need the connection to connect it to your laptop.....
I've seen a few people running Freelog along with their Crome chipped ECU's though.
I'm sure Nick will have an answer for you soonish though Erick (just cos he's a bloody good fellow!) :thumbup:

tunedaccord

Reaction score
yes our cars our obd2B which really suck balls for tuners^ how are u tuned(tuned accord) pretty silly question you should be obd1 already:henry:
i ve been contacting every person i know and everybody says you have to be obd1 which im in the process of doing but need the last lil piece of the puzzle the ecu( damb p28 cost to dam much) getting a steal on this p72. glass ill def let you know if i find something for obd2 but for right now its not looking to good :sad:
can anybody help me out on prepping for dyno:boohoo:

no am obd2

Back