Need Help Getting More HP..

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
Whats IHE? and what do you mean major headwork?

IHE = intake, header, exhaust

Usually "headwork" consists of port/polish, matching intake runners, bigger throttle body, etc. None of this will be cheap, so before you do anything i'd do some research and figure out exactly what you want to do, that way you don't end up like myself and others who've wasted $$$ on mods to end up going back to stock.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Matteo already told you: IHE is your best quickest and cheapest bet. You said you know how to do things with cars... do you know what I/H/E means?

AirBishop

Reaction score
IHE = intake, header, exhaust

Usually "headwork" consists of port/polish, matching intake runners, bigger throttle body, etc. None of this will be cheap, so before you do anything i'd do some research and figure out exactly what you want to do, that way you don't end up like myself and others who've wasted $$$ on mods to end up going back to stock.

Well I already have the intake and header (not installed yet waiting to get exhaust) and i was thinking i would get the engine tuned and a lot of work done while i'm deployed so ya. i have some ideas of what i would like to do just am looking for some other ideas on how to accomplish my goal. and is it also possible to bore out the f23a?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
all right now, everyone chill

how much power are yo u looking at? our cars do not make alot of power and are not set up for hp, we are set up for torque

most ppl get intkae, header, exhaust to start. it wont give you much power, but it is a start

from there you either expand to other mods, or just stay as is

AirBishop

Reaction score
all right now, everyone chill

how much power are yo u looking at? our cars do not make alot of power and are not set up for hp, we are set up for torque

most ppl get intkae, header, exhaust to start. it wont give you much power, but it is a start

from there you either expand to other mods, or just stay as is

I already have intake and a header, im still looking for the right exhaust. and most of my work has been on 50's fords and ramblers. and this is my first time ever really getting into working on a Honda. I would like to be around 200 Hp if that is at any way possible and im not even sure what a good estimate would be for torque

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i reccomend looking at other ppls cars and seeing what they have. pm them about a mod and ask them their preference

if you ask specfic questions (what kind of header is better, 4-2-1 or 4-1?) we will be more helpful than hey what should i put on my car to get hp.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
great thread to read then is where a guy tried to break 200whp in cali. search for break 200 hp and you should find it

Back