Parting out Accord

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theres a 6th gen being parted on my CL now http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/1950725449.html

i think some of his prices are ridiculously cheap. i'm 99% sure its a coupe, or id be picking up those window regulators just in case. and...$50 for the complete moonroof assembly :run:

parting something out can either go really well or will be a regret. take a second and think about all the small parts on the car. if you can't sell em locally, you can probably find a buyer on here (well...not that youre allowed to sell yet :lawl:)...and that will require packing stuff, boxes, tape, etc. and then what about big stuff, like seats? what if they dont sell locally? oh and that car i posted...its been on CL since the early summer.

im not sure i'd bother parting out a 6th gen. they're just not that special or unique and theres not a huge "market" for parts since theres ebay and junkyards, and most oem parts are reasonable from (online) dealers...and for the most part, we can use non-oem parts. look at say, a bmw forum under the older car sections (e28, e30, e34, etc) and theres always at least one being parted out.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yeah I would probably have to go with a Toyota supra mkiv before getting a miata. There's one in my area for around $20k.

I really like the new IS250 look and it's in a white which sets me up perfectly for a CF hood.

IS250's are pigs. Slow as balls.......

You really know nothing about cars do you OP?

PurpleSh4rk

Reaction score
theres a 6th gen being parted on my CL now http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/1950725449.html

i think some of his prices are ridiculously cheap. i'm 99% sure its a coupe, or id be picking up those window regulators just in case. and...$50 for the complete moonroof assembly :run:

parting something out can either go really well or will be a regret. take a second and think about all the small parts on the car. if you can't sell em locally, you can probably find a buyer on here (well...not that youre allowed to sell yet :lawl:)...and that will require packing stuff, boxes, tape, etc. and then what about big stuff, like seats? what if they dont sell locally? oh and that car i posted...its been on CL since the early summer.

im not sure i'd bother parting out a 6th gen. they're just not that special or unique and theres not a huge "market" for parts since theres ebay and junkyards, and most oem parts are reasonable from (online) dealers...and for the most part, we can use non-oem parts. look at say, a bmw forum under the older car sections (e28, e30, e34, etc) and theres always at least one being parted out.
Would I get more if I just sold the whole car with the damage in the rear?

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Crz's are anything but weak. Just buy a mustang, I guarantee you will like the way it drives judging from yours posts

Back