The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

Sp33d freak

Reaction score
I personally like these :) But im biased They are for sale too ;)

a6890ccf-22d5-9834.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score
Kind of off-topic but kinda not, what are opinions on using washers on each stud versus spacers? Im talking about 2-3mm of clearance. Unless Im not looking in the right place, which is probably the case, Im not having much luck finding 2-3mm spacers that are hubcentric, for our cars. I know using washers isnt exactly the smartest of ideas but how bad of an idea would it be?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are there varying degrees of bad ideas? Lol. I would stay away from doing that man. Just get a set of H&R 5mm spacers and be done with it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Damn there's a guy on craigslist selling a tl-s ran for 40 bucks ! Thought it would fit -__-

I assume by "ran" you mean RSB.......and it will fit, Derek was just being confusing. Now go get it!

i blame my iPhone for that, alright finally getting a rsb !

Still don't know why someone would get a used one off of craigslist for 40 bucks... that's how much they are brand new from our vendor's site hondacuraplanet.com or acuraoemparts.com

^or Curry Acura

Regardless of everything below my original post about the TL, the truth is still "No".

That being said, enjoy the upgrade, Jeff.

Have you had a chance to take a drive in a car that has the Progress RSB to compare to the TL/TL-S RSB?

Mikey

Reaction score
No! I refuse to go to 5mm. I put 6mm on my 4G, to fit ITRs and that did NOT end well. Yeah, im bitter, wannafightaboutit?!? If I dont space, Im shaving the caliper brackets.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It begs the question...why did it go wrong? I have had 5mm spacers on my rear hubs for over a year and no problems. Any longer than 5mm though, you want to replace the studs with longer ones.

Mikey

Reaction score
The spacers were 1/4"(=6.3mm) on stock studs. Front and rear. Ran around town fine. Drove to Chicago and on the trip home I picked up a vibration. Turns out the thread was stripping out of the lugs. Ran with 14" wheels for a while. Put on extended studs, spacers and brand new lugs. Still had a vibration somewhere but before I could start diagnosing it, the car bit the dust. End of story.

I dont have a problem putting on extended studs but I feel like it's overkill. Im only needing 2-3mm of space. Now, if I needed like 10+, yeah, id want extended studs.

I'll more than likely end up shaving the brackets.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I get you only need 2-3mm of space...but the difference between 3mm and 5mm is about 1/16". Which is negligible...so you could keep your stock studs, slap the H&R 5mm on there, and solve your problem.

Good luck with shaving the bracket though.

Back