WTB: Yakima or Thule base roof rack

JLaneAccord

Reaction score
I would like to buy anyones base roof rack. Like the mounts, crossbars, and possilbly the front fairings aswell. LMK ???

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
if you dont find anything here, you can click the yakima link in my signature and get one shipped (48" cross bars, q clips and towers + a basket) for around $380 or $280 without the basket. if you ship it from rack attack its free shipping on it all! hope this helps.

JLaneAccord

Reaction score
Dude, thanks alot. I was to lazy to even see what size i needed. I will check them out man.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Dude, thanks alot. I was to lazy to even see what size i needed. I will check them out man.

yea no problem dude, i would stick with the 48" cross bars so you dont have a lot sticking out (some people like that though) and the q clips you'll need is a pair of the 92's and a pair of the 93's. 92's are for the front and 93's are for the back.

JLaneAccord

Reaction score
So what size fairing would be best for that? Btw Im using this for my snowboards and surfboards too.

On Rack Attack: my total came up to 354.60?
-44 inch fairing: $71.00
-Q 2&3 clips: $31.50 for each set
-48 inch crossbars: $72.00
-Q Towers: $148.50

Last edited:

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
So what size fairing would be best for that? Btw Im using this for my snowboards and surfboards too.

On Rack Attack: my total came up to 354.60?
-44 inch fairing: $71.00
-Q 2&3 clips: $31.50 for each set
-48 inch crossbars: $72.00
-Q Towers: $148.50

The clips are all different (for different model cars). for OUR cars your going to want to get a set of q92 and q93 clips. they fit the curvature of your door frames. if you want to tote snowboards/surfboards your gonna want to get a powder hound for them. they are great products! your fairing needs to be the 44 inch fairing.

JLaneAccord

Reaction score
Also, i do not know anything about these racks. Can they be taken off with ease and slapped back on too?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Also, i do not know anything about these racks. Can they be taken off with ease and slapped back on too?

absolutely. they are meant to be easily accessible. there is a q tower which sits on the edge of your roof. on the q tower there is a hinge that a q clip attaches to which then attaches to your door frame. once you've hooked the clip under your door frame you close the hinge and it grabs the roof. thats all there is to it as far as how it attaches to your roof. and there are guides on yakima.com that show you exactly how it attaches and what not. they are relatively easy to put together and to put on.

Back