What'd you do to your accord today?

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Well it's all ready, just needs an interior wipedown. Gassed up, oil checked, tires pumped to 38-40psi. Ready to go, Now that i think about it, I should check my spare. I have an inflator and slime kit, so i shouldn't need it but it's nice to have.

Edit: I know the doors say 30-psi Recommended But I ran my old car at 38 and it was fine.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
To me, the getto gold would be more like chrome-gold. His is towards more to bronze, which I like this color being subtle, meaning not too flashy & loud.

Yeah, it’s a satin gold finish really, actually close to the gold that comes stock on STi wheels. It’s not super reflective like gloss or chrome dipped. And the wheels aren’t 24’s or have spinners or whatever haha. I dunno, I just don’t see anything "ghetto" about them. But like I said his opinion on cars doesn't carry a lot of weight with me.

thats one thing ive always loved and looked up to about your car chris, is how simple, sleek but amazing it looks. im one of those gold wheel haters but i honestly love the way it looks with the red

Thanks Darius. That is the look I've been trying to keep, these wheels are just a step or two outside that but I don't think they're too wild or look out of place.

I wished you were lowered
:hide:

But it looks good :thumbsup:

Make sure that guy is reputable and ask for pics of cars he done because everyone's a "professional" fender roller these days and think they know what they are doing. If anything i would ask what steps he takes to roll before committing.

I’m going to lower it a little more this weekend, I agree with ya. Oh and if you didn’t see what I said about the fenders, the reason it’s not lowered more is because that inner fender lip (part that people roll) is bent downward, if it was even just straight/horizontal I’d be better off. This car had some bodywork done in the rear before I got it, and some things aren’t exactly where they should be.

What should the process be when rolling? Kevin said I should make sure there is no debris inside or behind the lips, and other than that I figured you heat up the paint and go slow?

Also, do people roll front fenders? Fronts are already more out of the way from stock, but if they can be even more rolled away that would be great.

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
I’m going to lower it a little more this weekend, I agree with ya. Oh and if you didn’t see what I said about the fenders, the reason it’s not lowered more is because that inner fender lip (part that people roll) is bent downward, if it was even just straight/horizontal I’d be better off. This car had some bodywork done in the rear before I got it, and some things aren’t exactly where they should be.

What should the process be when rolling? Kevin said I should make sure there is no debris inside or behind the lips, and other than that I figured you heat up the paint and go slow?

Also, do people roll front fenders? Fronts are already more out of the way from stock, but if they can be even more rolled away that would be great.

Ooh ok, that makes sense. Yeah as Kevin said make sure to get rid of any debris. I don't know to much bout rolling but It's basically just heat and roll slow/evenly, touching up with a rubber mullet. The fronts are softer so you gotta be careful not to pull it too much. Also make sure to seal all fenders once its finish to help prevent rust. If you had work done to the rear, should be careful if they bondo your rear quarter panel, don't want it cracking.

Don't quote me on this though, i'm not really sure what i'm talking about lol

99accord boi

Reaction score
if there is bondo near the fender lip in the rear theres a 50/50 of it cracking
also another tip is when rolling the fronts dont be scared if u see the fender flexing or pulling out. the fenders are super weak and they really flex i was scared wen i saw mike rollin mine

DrOwZee

Reaction score
LOL
Should be scare because it would ripple and be wavy and pulled all ghetto just like mines
:roy:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
haha gotcha. Well I won't do anything if I don't feel comfortable with it. I'll find someone who can do it right, just a matter of time.

I don't think there's bondo anywhere. Part of the inside of one of the lips is sorta rusty though, which makes me sort of nervous. I need to get it fixed but don't want to spend the money lol.

I learned Honda didn't use a good sealant in the rear fenders with the lips being layered and all, and that's why our cars tend to rust there.

Mikey

Reaction score
Honda didn't use a good sealant in the rear fenders with the lips being layered and all, and that's why our cars tend to rust there.
OUR cars? Ha. It's not the first time Honda's dealt with rust on the rear quarters. Since the 3G, rear quarter rust has been a prevalent issue. Give the sixth and seventh gens another ten years. They'll rust out too, lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
I'm determined to get a spoilerless trunk for free or cheap! :lawl:

I've seen a DEP coupe parked at an EZ loan place, so I'm assuming they work there. I just need to work up the guts to go in there and a solid enough reason as to why they should trade me trunks. I've thought about adding in a little cash incentive. I'm just hoping they're not all weird and crazy like everyone usually is.

I don't understand that. My car obviously has work done to it. And if I'm asking you to do something or telling you I can do it, I obviously know what I'm doing. It's the same color and ill even hook up the 3rd brake light correctly. It's basically like, I'm paying you for nothing. Here's free money for a minor visual difference. ****, some people even like having spoilers. So sit back, do nothing, and make some money.

:lawl:

Back