Some Rattling, Need Fixes

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Anyway since I bought the car, I have some rattling sound coming from the back seats, and is much more loud on the highway. I think it is coming from something in the seatbelt assembly, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this and has a fix for it?

Also, since I installed my subs, my license plate rattles like crazy. I have seen people use foam tape to prevent this, but mine just falls off the license plate, I was wondering if there are alternatives?

Thanks all :happy160:

startswitha

Reaction score
I sometimes put bubble wrap between parts that rattle. Kind of ghetto but you probably have some laying around and it works well.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
For the licence plate I put the top bolts in like normal, then I got some of the plastic bolts and put those through the bottom holes, with the plastic nut tightened up to hold the plate & frame together. The plastic bolt is long enough that it kinda bends the plate out, because it pushes against the trunk lid. Perfectly quiet now. Might want a little spot of clear vinyl where the bolt hits, my car already had a bit there,

For other squeaks/rattles use foam tape (topper sealing tape works well) for rattles, use felt tape for squeaks.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
just get some weather stripping or something for behind the plate. Before you stick it on the plate, make sure you clean the plate very well and it is dry before putting the material on

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Check the plastics on the rear deck speakers. I have the same noise you're describing, usually only on the freeway too, and it seems to be coming from that area.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I didn't lol. I hear it on occasion while on the freeway.
Check the plastic pieces, see if yheyre making any contact with other plastic or the rear windshield.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Back