DIY:Suspension bump stop for Control arm slap

4door accord02

Reaction score
I'm going to try the bumpstops out first.. Before I go ahead and go ahead and cut the strut towers ..... I just wanted to know some of your reviews with regards to how good they work?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I bought thick ones.need skinner ones.My arms sat on the bushing.Had no noise at all,but ride suffered.
Ended up taking off the camber kit and putting oem control arms back in,so took out the bump stops also.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yeah it was bouncy unless you adjust stiffness on coils. But Im running D2 racing coils and have everything on hardest setting so I dont bottom out my 20x10.5" rims.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
j-powers are this style?

6406_1.JPG

Not a fan of those, they actually make camber worse. By lifting the UCA relative to the LCA, it's further into it's 'swing'. So as it goes up a little, it goes 'in' more. When the car is sitting you can make the camber nice, but when your driving your camber changes way more because the arms are at all the wrong angles relative to each other.

I put some on my SCCA SM Civic like 5 years ago, took them back off like 15 minutes later. Handled like ****! I thought it would be nice to be able to add more caster, as it turned out in corners I could only use like 1/4 of the tire because of the nasty camber curves I got. Not to mention the severe reduction in travel. :rage:

I don't remember the actual numbers, but it was around double the camber change. Originally I got about 1* camber per 1" of travel (- camber in bump, + in droop). With those joints it was like 3* negative camber per inch of bump and 2* positive camber per inch of droop.

Not trying to upset anyone here, some reputable companies sell that style of joint. ALL OF THEM SUCK BALLS. I didn't run them long enough to wear tires, but I bet it would have been as bad or worse than running no camber kit.

Back