couple questions ???? alignment,bumpstops

D-Ramey

Reaction score
i have a 1999 accord v6 lowered on springs since 2009 stock struts went out over the summer time i replaced then with new ones now theyre blown again i dont have bump stops could this be the issue? i have a life time warrenty so i have new ones and i cant find any bump stops save my life and if or when i find some do i have to trim them because my car is lowered

my new question is camber is bad i tore my new winter tires up im kinda pissed lol will i have to buy a camber kit? ive heard of guys getting away with just adjusting the tie rod ends? please let me know because i need to fix these to issues asap

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Bump stops arn't the issue(atleast to my knowledge). Depending on which type of shocks you are going with; if its oem, its not design to be compatible with lowering spring so they are most likely to blow again on you.

Camber kits are ideal to reduce camber wear but you can get around it with just adjusting your toe when you get an alignment and flipping tires when its necessary.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^what he said. Get yourself a set of aftermarket struts. What springs are you using?

Get an alignment and have them zero out the toe.

D-Ramey

Reaction score
Bump stops arn't the issue(atleast to my knowledge). Depending on which type of shocks you are going with; if its oem, its not design to be compatible with lowering spring so they are most likely to blow again on you.

Camber kits are ideal to reduce camber wear but you can get around it with just adjusting your toe when you get an alignment and flipping tires when its necessary.
i appreciate the fast reply guys most people never reply on here and idk i bought them off ebay along time ago i wanna say theyre h&r they are orange and the struts are sensen but im sure bump stops would save them from bottoming out?> and do you know where i could get a set?>

^what he said. Get yourself a set of aftermarket struts. What springs are you using?

Get an alignment and have them zero out the toe.
so i could tell the people dont worry about the camber zero my toe? so i dont get so much tire wear?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Here.

Go get an alignment. Ask them to zero out your toes.

Some shops are ****s about lowered cars, but if you're just on springs, then it should be fine.

Don't fall for their "Oh we can't do an alignment, without a camber kit" or the "buy our camber kit + labor to install and we will align the car", if any of those occur, just go and find another shop.

D-Ramey

Reaction score
Here.

Go get an alignment. Ask them to zero out your toes.

Some shops are ****s about lowered cars, but if you're just on springs, then it should be fine.

Don't fall for their "Oh we can't do an alignment, without a camber kit" or the "buy our camber kit + labor to install and we will align the car", if any of those occur, just go and find another shop.
okay cool ill just act like ive had other cars done lol like this is like my 10th lowered car just zero my toe please lol

Back