DIY painting interior

Mufasa

Reaction score
I have the same color interior as yours, and I said to myself the other day, "man i wish i had black interior..."

you did a damn good job dude

man... i wish i had black interior...

AngusTEx

Reaction score
AMAZING!!! SUBSCRIBED!! :omgbd:

I too have a fetish for dark colored interiors. :beer:

kn0x47

Reaction score
really nice work man. i've wanted a black interior with red detail ( i have a red coupe). i was thinking of smoothing out the top half the the doors and rapping the bottom half in vinyl. doubt i'll ever do it tho. yours looks great and props with the painting job. black interior especially looks nice in a black car

shyste

Reaction score
wow this looks great! wondering if anyone knows if this guy is still around!? im looking to get this done.

Brad2274

Reaction score
ive had my interior painted for several years, no issues holds up great if you use quality vinyl paint, just dont paint your carpet, it doesnt hold up with wear

jdmamber

Reaction score
ok so i want to paint my interior black aswell.... does the ppg paint hold up to kids lol i have a sedan and its my daily driver so i dont want it to scratch and chip easy.thanks in advance

danmccormick87

Reaction score
ok so i want to paint my interior black aswell.... does the ppg paint hold up to kids lol i have a sedan and its my daily driver so i dont want it to scratch and chip easy.thanks in advance

Stay tuned to my build... I'm working on converting to a black interior and actually removing the vinyl and foam and painting the actual plastics

Brad2274

Reaction score
so far ive found that the painted vinyl holds up to scrathes/chips much better than the painted plastic parts, like the upper halves of the door panel are more durable painted than the lowers, i would suggest either using the same vinyl paint on the pastic halve because it seems to take abuse well, or do the plastic in any paint and do a lot of satin/matte clear on top to protect it scratching, if you do it right it should take the abuse.
Stay tuned to my build... I'm working on converting to a black interior and actually removing the vinyl and foam and painting the actual plastics
are you feeling off the vinyl like upper halves of door panels and lower dash??
hats off to you sir if that comes out looking nice not rice with gloss black, just be sure to use a lot of clear on it, could always go over with matte clear if you dont like the gloss

danmccormick87

Reaction score
are you feeling off the vinyl like upper halves of door panels and lower dash??
hats off to you sir if that comes out looking nice not rice with gloss black, just be sure to use a lot of clear on it, could always go over with matte clear if you dont like the gloss

I have the door panels broken down into their respective halves, and have already removed all the vinyl from them. I'm currently sanding off the foam backing and working on filling in the tiny holes in the panels from the factory. Once I've gotten them to my liking, I will be prepping, priming, painting, and clearing them for the glossy surface. My goal is to look similar to that of Ghost Ryder's console top, that pretty gloss black he has accomplished. :beer:

Back