Clunk coming from front passenger side

Dario_CG6

Reaction score
Hello everyone sorry for making a thread about this. I know there are more members with the same problem but I ran out of ideas on how to fix my problem. I bought my car from my brother it's a 2002 accord SE and he had spc camber kit on it for 5+years. When I lowered my car it would clunk everywhere so I decided to cut my strut towers. I am running on BC racing extreme drop coilovers but I have them on the highest setting just enough to tuck tire. Once I cut the strut towers it would only clunk on the front passenger side which was strange. It would clunk anywhere were the road was uneven. About three weeks ago I was driving and all of a sudden I I felt like my tire had popped so I immediately stopped the car. My tire was bent in like I had really negative camber. It was actually the balljoint that snapped and luckily I was t hurt and no damage occurred to my car. I bought an OEM balljoint for that side in the meantime while my new spc balljoints arrived and it didn't clunk anymore. I had a shop install the new spc balljoints on both front sides and it still clunks a little bit but not like before. The weird thing is that it only does it on the front passenger side. I cut a pretty big hole on my strut tower so I'm not sure what might be the noise. Any ideas what might be the problem? I've taken it to the honda dealer before to check the bushings but they say they look in good condition.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I think you solved your own problem. Go with OEM ball joints. AFAIK, all aftermarket ball joints are taller, resulting in lesser clearance.

Dario_CG6

Reaction score
I've been reading other threads about getting a camber kit or not and I've seen a lot of people say we don't need them for our accords. What would you recommend? Will it make a difference on the tire wear with aftermarket balljoints vs OEM ones?

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I feel your pain I've been chasing a clunk in my front end forever. Mine has been totally rebuilt and I still here it from time to time. Passenger front just like yours. Good luck and let me know if you figure it out. I've given up on it.

kiddcoupe

Reaction score
I also have a clunk noise coming from my rear passenger side. Can't seem to find the problem. Keep us updated if you find the issue.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
There are many ways find this,

The hard way: mics on clips

Easy: spray paint, where does it vanish

timoteo

Reaction score
How are your axles? I do not think ill ever be able to grasp the concept of sacrificing the cars performance to look cool. I also never really understood trying to look cool anyway nor do I even think stance cars look good but hey that's just me

01SilverAccord

Reaction score

I have similar clunking noise but it's coming from the driver side. It's been a few months now but it doesn't get any louder..so I didn't even bother to find out where it's coming from.

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
Hello everyone sorry for making a thread about this. I know there are more members with the same problem but I ran out of ideas on how to fix my problem. I bought my car from my brother it's a 2002 accord SE and he had spc camber kit on it for 5+years. When I lowered my car it would clunk everywhere so I decided to cut my strut towers. I am running on BC racing extreme drop coilovers but I have them on the highest setting just enough to tuck tire. Once I cut the strut towers it would only clunk on the front passenger side which was strange. It would clunk anywhere were the road was uneven. About three weeks ago I was driving and all of a sudden I I felt like my tire had popped so I immediately stopped the car. My tire was bent in like I had really negative camber. It was actually the balljoint that snapped and luckily I was t hurt and no damage occurred to my car. I bought an OEM balljoint for that side in the meantime while my new spc balljoints arrived and it didn't clunk anymore. I had a shop install the new spc balljoints on both front sides and it still clunks a little bit but not like before. The weird thing is that it only does it on the front passenger side. I cut a pretty big hole on my strut tower so I'm not sure what might be the noise. Any ideas what might be the problem? I've taken it to the honda dealer before to check the bushings but they say they look in good condition.

Did you find out what the problem was???

Back