easiest way to get around 450 hp?

danny.f150

Reaction score
Its not about how much hp you need is about how much you want. Nobody needs a 2000hp UGR Lambo or AMS Alpha R35 but who wouldnt want that

agginline86

Reaction score
Its not about how much hp you need is about how much you want. Nobody needs a 2000hp UGR Lambo or AMS Alpha R35 but who wouldnt want that

I think the point was that 450 hp sounds a bit unreasonable for a 6th gen given your situation

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

Have you ever driven a 450hp, turbocharged, 3000 pound car? It's nice to know what it is before jumping for it.

I may be assuming, but I have a feeling you don't really know just how much that is.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
/\
200hp is a better goal. Actually I'm pretty happy with my 200hp, stock, v6.

It doesn't go insanely fast, but it lasts an incredibly long time.

If cheap is for ( miles / time ) + repairs

Varnell

Reaction score
Have you ever driven a 450hp, turbocharged, 3000 pound car? It's nice to know what it is before jumping for it.

I may be assuming, but I have a feeling you don't really know just how much that is.

I was fine with my i4 5spd until I drove a stock 2006 400hp 6MT GTO. Plans for a J32 swap started that night. lol

As much as I fishtailed, I can't imagine 50 more hp on a 700lb lighter fwd car.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Great, then you have no problem being manual.

FYI, you did get answers. Probably not ones you wanted to hear though.

Some of us, definitely me, just question you making decisions and goals based on experience and knowledge or simply by a number you pulled out of your *** cause it sounded like a cool and good idea.

Yes, you can do it relatively easy. But you're going to need more than $7k

Last edited:

danny.f150

Reaction score
I just wanted a imformative and knowledgeable answer there where some comments that didnt really stay on the topic at hand. I understand why you ask about my expreirence at the wheel, i wouldnt go from directly from what like 135hp that my car has right now and go to 450hp over night, i would increase the power gradually so i could get used to it, probably over the course of a year. How much would be a reasonable estimate if i got the MT swap by a shop, and but the engine in myself, I've been doing some research and I may go with either a b20 or h22. Thanks.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
well...

Go H22 head on an f22 block, that lowers compression too. Then a small turbo bolted on, like 14b sized, with low boost (~6psi) and an intercooler. Maybe pushin 200hp as reliable as you can get, without getting a v6.

If you do the homemadeturbo style you can maybe get it done for ~$1,000, even with the head. You'll be the new best friend for the local junkyard.

danny.f150

Reaction score
But what can be done with my budget of $7,000, the hp doesnt nessicarly have to be 450 it could be like 350-400

Back