How to gain more torque?

james'99

Reaction score
Supercharger. lol! No bolt on though is gonna get you what you are looking for. The best thing you can possibly do for yourself is possibly consider a J32 swap with a 6 speed tranny. The automatics in the V6s are horrendous to begin with. Do you have anything done to the car? Intake, exhaust, etc?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
An auto to manual swap will make the car perform much better without actually adding power. And a supercharger or turbo will add the most torque obviously. I believe the TL SC can be retrofitted to fit on these cars

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

yargd

Reaction score
Supercharger. lol! No bolt on though is gonna get you what you are looking for. The best thing you can possibly do for yourself is possibly consider a J32 swap with a 6 speed tranny. The automatics in the V6s are horrendous to begin with. Do you have anything done to the car? Intake, exhaust, etc?

Nvm then, My car has no performance mods. Everything is stock. I'm really bored of it because first & 2nd gear is very weak compared to v4 cars. I guess there is no point to spend money on this car then.

I'm doing research to get a deep noticeable tone for my car. I'm planning to run 2.25" straight pipe from the cat to 2 magnaflow mufflers. Is it going to be too loud and sound like a fart can?

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Nvm then, My car has no performance mods. Everything is stock. I'm really bored of it because first & 2nd gear is very weak compared to v4 cars. I guess there is no point to spend money on this car then.

I'm doing research to get a deep noticeable tone for my car. I'm planning to run 2.25" straight pipe from the cat to 2 magnaflow mufflers. Is it going to be too loud and sound like a fart can?

I would hold off on exhaust and do an intake first. That alone would make a huge difference

yargd

Reaction score
I would hold off on exhaust and do an intake first. That alone would make a huge difference

Which Aem intake should I get? cold air or short ram?

I like short ram more because it's not low to the ground which can suck up dirt into the engine. I guess the cold air is better for performance?

james'99

Reaction score
Which Aem intake should I get? cold air or short ram?

I like short ram more because it's not low to the ground which can suck up dirt into the engine. I guess the cold air is better for performance?

Exactly. Do short ram. Unless the cold air comes as a two piece and you can justify the price. I know some people that have bought the two pieces and then just run the one because its better. I consider cold air to be more dangerous than its worth. The dyno numbers literally are almost the same.

yargd

Reaction score
Exactly. Do short ram. Unless the cold air comes as a two piece and you can justify the price. I know some people that have bought the two pieces and then just run the one because its better. I consider cold air to be more dangerous than its worth. The dyno numbers literally are almost the same.

$150, http://www.amazon.com/AEM-22-416B-Short-Intake-System/dp/B000CFUJQS/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1436071887&sr=8-1&keywords=aem+intake+accord+2002+v6

What about the custom exhaust I always wanted to do? I want a deep noticeable tone for my car. What are the bad things if I run 2.25" straight pipe to magnaflow mufflers, 0 resonator? will it sound ricey?

Maybe 1 Dynomax resonator will help?

james'99

Reaction score
Honestly, wait and see where the intake puts you. I know someone who cut out both of his resonators and just put in pipes and his sounds very much the same.

Back