Does this sound rice or nice?

yargd

Reaction score
Recorded with Samsung S5. These are 2 x universal mufflers. This is an automatic car.
It roars from 2000 to 2900RPM, but after 3000RPM, it quiets down and only hear engine's sound.
Please use earphones for best sound quality.

Why there is nor sound after 3000RPM? bad mufflers?

When I press hard on the gas, my car shifts gears at higher than normal (3500)RPM, like 5000 or 6000RPM.
Will my transmission goes out soon? ot is it normal?

Last edited:

yargd

Reaction score
What piping size are you using? any resonators? if you make it louder than maybe more roar with higher rpm haha

I have stock exhaust. I really dont want to touch the stock resonator and mid mufflers because I think I already loss some high end torque. At 60mph to 80mph, my acceleration seem to be slower than stock mufflers.

phi1542

Reaction score
I have stock exhaust. I really dont want to touch the stock resonator and mid mufflers because I think I already loss some high end torque. At 60mph to 80mph, my acceleration seem to be slower than stock mufflers.

Idk since OEM ones are more restrictive. For the sounds you want I recommend bumping up to 2.25" or 2.5" piping and after market resonators. Using stock parts isn't really ideal imo just me 2 cents haha I've done it all on my exhaust. I used stock piping and resonators w/ after market mufflers and didn't really like it.

yargd

Reaction score
Idk since OEM ones are more restrictive. For the sounds you want I recommend bumping up to 2.25" or 2.5" piping and after market resonators. Using stock parts isn't really ideal imo just me 2 cents haha I've done it all on my exhaust. I used stock piping and resonators w/ after market mufflers and didn't really like it.

Did you feel your car accelerate slower than before?

phi1542

Reaction score
Did you feel your car accelerate slower than before?

Not at all. I've been through a lot of exhaust on this car. After market mufflers with stock exhaust, after market mufflers with stock straight pipe (stock resonator and mid muff delete), 2.25" piping 18" + 12" vibrant resonator with Magnaflow mufflers, and my current setup is 2.25" piping with 18" dynomax resonator and a custom resonator to kill the drone. Upgrading the exhaust completely helped with acceleration imo. I feel like it goes way faster than before with my current straight pipes hahaha its awesome and I recommend you upgrade piping and resonators if you plan on using any. Plus it will make it sound a lot better too. What inches are your current mufflers? 2.5"?

this was my setup before my straight pipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCCV9rs8Fs

and my current one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5PktcMMt8

just in case for sample clips haha

Last edited:
Back