What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I wonder how the paint will look after all the residue is "erased". I guess it doesn't matter too much since I am putting the trunk lip back, but still might polish it or something. Thanks for the video, been watching a couple others.

I WILL be coming to this house at some point to check it out in person and enjoy some BBQ.

:peace:

:coffee:

Last edited:

Fusionreactives

Reaction score
I washed it at a self serve gas station place. While rinsing off the soap I noticed that the soap had turned into fluffy ice! Lol that was fun to clean off.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
^I wonder what the surface is left looking like after all the residue is "erased". Seems like it might need polishing or something. Thanks for the video, been watching a couple others.

It just buffs off. You may need to take a bit of All Purpose Cleaner or a bit of a light paint thinner/solvent and clean it up. We have to do that all the time when removing police decals and the tape from the stick on window visors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
CB, good thing I kept that comment generalized, so no one could hold me to a specific date.

The likelihood is now increased, as you know, so, at some point, I am hoping to be able to put specifics.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bought a 3M eraser wheel, part no. 3612. Hope this does the trick.

CB, good thing I kept that comment generalized, so no one could hold me to a specific date.

The likelihood is now increased, as you know, so, at some point, I am hoping to be able to put specifics.
I'll believe it when I see it. :lawl:

It just buffs off. You may need to take a bit of All Purpose Cleaner or a bit of a light paint thinner/solvent and clean it up. We have to do that all the time when removing police decals and the tape from the stick on window visors.

Thanks. By "light" paint thinner/solvent do you mean I should mix some with water to dilute it a little? If so what's the ratio you use. I'm just paranoid about messing up the paint, as I had this trunk lid freshly painted.

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

Thanks. By "light" paint thinner/solvent do you mean I should mix some with water to dilute it a little? If so what's the ratio you use. I'm just paranoid about messing up the paint, as I had this trunk lid freshly painted.

I just use goof off, wont hurt your paint and is good enough to get the residue off. There is very little residue left over after the rubber wheel process is done.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Cool I have some of that, thanks. The wheel isn't cheap, but found a 20% off code for Advance and paid $33.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Just go slow, since its not factory paint. Ive had some be fine and some not. The wheel has to get hot enough to get the glue off, but not enough to start burning through paint. I'm sure youll be fine though. It's very easy to use. Our solvent is just called All-Solv. I can check the ratio of the water and chemical and tell you tomorrow

cl206

Reaction score
Spent entire/most of Saturday 3/19 replacing the timing belt and related parts!

Replaced all three belts, crank seal, both cam seals, tensioner, WP, idler pulley, tensioner pulley and on a side note, replaced both o ring/gasket on the oil filter housing (there is a small leak but Im not 100% sure if it was from there but since I was down there might as well.) I had been soaking the crank bolt with penetrating oil and kroil for 3 days. Had to use the handle from my floor jack for more leverage but got it off in less than 5 minutes!

Pretty nerve racking when I went to turn the ignition but it fired up all good!
Off Bucket list: Doing TB job myself!

Last edited:
Back