Nick's CG3 (UPDATE 5/30/16)

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Nick's '01 CG3 (Update 12/01/14)

It's a little more flimsy then the oem bumpers but still great quality. And the fact that it's a little more flimsy helps since the car is lowered. Its also taken a hit from a truck tire blowing out and hitting it at 80mph and it only got an 8'' crack towards the bottom.

The crack does get covered about 98% by the lip though

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Nick's '01 CG3 (BIG UPDATE 3/4/16)

Nice changes. What hood is that from? Any reason why you chose that blue color?

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

The hood is from a coupe.
My car was is some sort of accident before I owned it and the hood has never lined up properly. I've tried 4 different hoods and they all fit the same.

I chose that color due to the fact that it can look like several different colors depending on the light. It can look blue, black, purple or a mix of all of them. I also liked that my silver bay would be a nice contrast to the dark color.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

New paint looks great. Dig the hood too, did you pay someone to do it? The front fenders are interesting lol...aftermarket or modified OEM?

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

My friend did most of the work on the hood and fenders. They were oem fenders that we also modified. For the fenders we just copied a set of track life fender cut outs I have for my hatch as best as we could.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Wow...

It's been a while, and welcome back with the awesome upgrades, Nick.

Car is looking fantastic, especially the front-end. Honestly, I didn't notice your square projectors (from morimoto?) until I saw your new hood now. With that said, this custom look is certainly adding more spice to your headlights. I'd twist my head away back, if I ever go right past you as an oncoming car.

Back