What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

Varnell

Reaction score
Great results! Wish you lived closer. lol

Do you have an Instagram or other ways to advertise?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx bro! I'm sure you can find someone closer to you to connect with.

At the moment, I am focusing at the task at hand which is working on customers cars. I am going to create a couple of social media accounts at the first opportunity I get. Appreciate your feedback.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 Scion XB: Wash, Decontaminate, Protect

This customer was a referral from a good friend. Initially he wanted just a wash but I kindly explained to him my most basic exterior package was a wash, decon, protect. After a couple brief text messages and explaining the pros and cons and my process he agreed this was a good option for his needs.

DSC_2449 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2450 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2451 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Took care of some tar on lower rocker panels with Tar X

DSC_2452 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2453 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Started decontamination with Iron X followed up with claybar

DSC_2456 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2459 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2464 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

After shots

DSC_2465 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2467 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2469 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DSC_2468 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Total hours: 5 hr

What I learned from working on this car:

Tar X is awesome

Rear window wiper blade have a plastic cover to take off before blade can be adjusted

Took care of waterspots from auto car washes on black vinyl surrounding doors with ONR

Found out front bumper and right fender was resprayed and notified owner

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Sneak Peak... My pops FD hadn't been detailed in 10+ years, let alone waxed is quite some time. Granted, it sits under a car cover in the garage for a majority and is only driven from time to time. Having said that, it got hit with a sprinkler during a hot day while parked and embedded water spots. Zero wax on the damn thing! Needless to say we did a minor paint correction and some simple detailing. Wash, Clay, Compound, Polish, Wax. Used a Griots Garage random orbital polisher.

I only have these close up shots for now but I do plan to take it out and get some glamour shots... Ill update this post when the forecasted rain passes.

Before
wrFgBZa.jpg

After, you can actually see the color!
8C70ura.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like the business is growing Lem, word of mouth always helps get new customers in. Your photos are looking good, very professional. I'm sure the xB owner appreciates learning about the resprayed panels. Little details like that will help customers appreciate you.

I have an orbital I've been wanting to try out, but I want to make sure I know how to use it and that I buy the right attachments first. I've heard horror stories where people made things worse. Maybe I'll dig it out and post photos. What all can you use an orbital for on a car?

I only have these close up shots for now but I do plan to take it out and get some glamour shots... Ill update this post when the forecasted rain passes.

Wow, if that is under the same lighting conditions that is a huge difference. Love that color, one of my favorites on the FD.

Back