What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Wow, if that is under the same lighting conditions that is a huge difference. Love that color, one of my favorites on the FD.

Yeah, its more or less the same spot on the hood before and after. Couldn't see the reflection of the individual LEDs in the overhead lights before. HUGE difference in overall appearance. Could have spent more time and effort to get some of the more serious swirls out on some areas but ran out of time. Still happy with the outcome.

My favorite color for the FD as well. Montego Blue!

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before
wrFgBZa.jpg

After, you can actually see the color!
8C70ura.jpg

Great results. Dramatic difference. Looks like you got sorta lucky with the water spots not etching too much yet requiring wetsanding.
What products and pads you used for this situation?

Sounds like the business is growing Lem, word of mouth always helps get new customers in. Your photos are looking good, very professional. I'm sure the xB owner appreciates learning about the resprayed panels. Little details like that will help customers appreciate you.

I have an orbital I've been wanting to try out, but I want to make sure I know how to use it and that I buy the right attachments first. I've heard horror stories where people made things worse. Maybe I'll dig it out and post photos. What all can you use an orbital for on a car?

Thx Chris! I'm planning on being the Go-To guy in San Francisco so I have a specific plan in place I'm following. I don't plan on competing with the local shops at all since I'm not using a same business model anyways....I'm actually more on the expensive/high end side atm in the market since I don't plan on doing production detailing atm....

Take a pic with the orbital and I'll give you some pointers with it...

Yeah, its more or less the same spot on the hood before and after. Couldn't see the reflection of the individual LEDs in the overhead lights before. HUGE difference in overall appearance. Could have spent more time and effort to get some of the more serious swirls out on some areas but ran out of time. Still happy with the outcome.

My favorite color for the FD as well. Montego Blue!

:thumbsup:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Great results. Dramatic difference. Looks like you got sorta lucky with the water spots not etching too much yet requiring wetsanding.
What products and pads you used for this situation?
:thumbsup:

Thanks. It etched in quite a bit but I was able to get rid of them by making a few extra passes with the compound.

I use cheap modeling clay from an arts and craft store to clay bar and use water/baby soap solution as lubricant.

Cutting and polishing I use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze-Medium Cut Cleaner, and Mirror Glaze Swirl remover 2.0 for polish. I have a Griots Garage random orbital using a medium foam pad to cut then a polishing foam pad to finish. Wax, I use Meguiar's gold class paste.
bHc0Gdp.png

dVAxV8x.png

JViZxsL.png

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'll have to post pictures later, but I removed my seats and cleaned the entire carpet and everything. Happy to say I didn't find much under my seats other than spare change lol

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was your process Evan? Some areas look good, some areas look like there could be improvement with some tweaking.

Back