Help: Turboing 2000 Accord V6 Sedan

Stasia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive been contemplating for a while about turboing my accord, but i need some help getting the proper parts so i dont blow my engine.

Budget is around $1000-$2000

Alltezza

Reaction score
I heard the V6 stock tranny already has problems to begin with, it has trouble handling the torque from the V6 and now you wanna turbo it. It's pretty dangerous man.

I'd say do a motorswap, H22/H23 with the tranny. You'll be spending the same amount of money. And I'm sure the H series engines are a lot lighter than the V6.

And then after you swap it and enjoy the power, you can turbo it in the future.

Varnell

Reaction score
J30/J32 auto trannies are made of glass. For 1-2k, you're probably not looking for a long lasting turbo, so go for it if you just want fun for a couple months.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I heard the V6 stock tranny already has problems to begin with, it has trouble handling the torque from the V6 and now you wanna turbo it. It's pretty dangerous man.

I'd say do a motorswap, H22/H23 with the tranny. You'll be spending the same amount of money. And I'm sure the H series engines are a lot lighter than the V6.

And then after you swap it and enjoy the power, you can turbo it in the future.

Putting a 4cyl into a V6 chassis would be huge amounts of work and money, your better off to sell the V6 one and buy a 4cyl 5spd one if you want to go that route.

Back