Where does this cap/plug go ?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Damn it looks like a firewall plug to me I can't see something like that holding oil I'm but I could be wrong

Chris Vu

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too.. but then I dunno why I'm leaking so much oil. I had a small leak from the seal on the tranny where the axle plugs in but it's never been this much oil before lol

james'99

Reaction score
That's coincidental I believe. Looks like a firewall plug to me. Check into the axle seals. Maybe a distributor or valve cover gasket failure if it is engine oil.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks like the plugs in the floor of the trunk or a firewall plug, but obviously isn't if it falling off resulted in an oil leak. If the leak is as bad as you say you should be able to find the source?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
When your parked is it leaving puddles? if so id say trans axle output seals or oil pan drain plug or maybe oil filter is leaking. Put some cardboard under it so you can see where its coming from then jack it up and follow the leak up.

whitederic

Reaction score
That's a firewall plug. On my 02 V6 I popped mine out right next to the master cylinder (above the pedals) to install my amp wire. Now sadly I can't find that plug anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chris Vu

Reaction score
The weird thing is, I've always had a leak there. It's my transmission seal. It's always left a little puddle maybe 2" in diameter, so when I saw that huge puddle of oil, I thought I cracked my transmission housing because that same day, I had bottomed out really bad. However, ever since then, it's gone back to leaking it's 2" diameter leak again .. so I'm really confused ..

Back