RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
nice. gotta figure out the wiring next?

Yeah, trying to find the wiring diagram for the switch. Once I have that it should be pretty straightforward.

those look pretty good on there.

Looking good. I need to get me some now. Only one I have found are coming straight out of Japan.

Thanks.

Joey I found my set from a vendor in California. I'll check to see who the seller was.

What happened to 6MT in the title? Haha!

I converted back to auto. :lawl:

kn0x47

Reaction score
Yeah, trying to find the wiring diagram for the switch. Once I have that it should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks.

Joey I found my set from a vendor in California. I'll check to see who the seller was.

I converted back to auto. :lawl:
I'd assume it'd be technically the same as the stock cl heater mirror switch. I'll send you the diagram for that later so you can compare

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd assume it'd be technically the same as the stock cl heater mirror switch. I'll send you the diagram for that later so you can compare

It may be different since the 'MIRROR' text lights up and the relay is built-in, but the pin layout could be similar otherwise even though the wire colors differ I think. Anyway, Ebay listing I bought from said "JDM 2001-2005 Civic EP3 Power Folding Mirror Switch OEM ALPS Korea". Here's the pigtail:

temporary_86.jpg

So far the theory is...
Blk - grnd
Blk/yellow - 12v pwr
Blk - grnd for bulb
Red/yellow - switch for relay (built into switch)
Remaining 6 - mirror control adjustment, but not sure which is which yet

What side mirrors are those?

ua5

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
36a0f98f10b1d42ed148ddfee9bace32.jpg

Well you only have one more wire than the cl. The cl one has a light in the switch to let you know the defroster is on.

well it looks like it wont help you but just in case...

yellow/black - power from fuse box for power mirrors
black - ground
yellow/black - power from fuse box for defogger
blue/white - LH and RH mirror up/down control
(empty)
Orange/white - power to defogger both left/right mirros
blue/grn - LH mirror control (ground?)
yellow/white - RH mirror control (ground?)
blue/orange - LH mirror left/right control
light green - RH mirror left/right control

have you seen this? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=191328
i'm not sure it'll help you tho unless you find a wiring diagram for the cb7

Last edited:

Accord2Show

Reaction score

That would be a big help. Still looking.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Some hard efforts there, Chris. Thanks for documenting this; It's the doorway to one of the biggest yet uncommon upgrades on our coupes.

Patiently waiting for the video clips, when the time comes. :)

It's probably the white wall's reflection, but did you use the clear bra spray like you did it on your side skirts?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to have a lifted pickup behind me the other day, and I noticed his headlights were dimmer in the UA5 mirror than the OEM mirror. Besides looking cool, the blue tinted glass is also functional. :)

36a0f98f10b1d42ed148ddfee9bace32.jpg

Well you only have one more wire than the cl. The cl one has a light in the switch to let you know the defroster is on.

well it looks like it wont help you but just in case...

yellow/black - power from fuse box for power mirrors
black - ground
yellow/black - power from fuse box for defogger
blue/white - LH and RH mirror up/down control
(empty)
Orange/white - power to defogger both left/right mirros
blue/grn - LH mirror control (ground?)
yellow/white - RH mirror control (ground?)
blue/orange - LH mirror left/right control
light green - RH mirror left/right control

have you seen this? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=191328
i'm not sure it'll help you tho unless you find a wiring diagram for the cb7

I did, a while back. Been meaning to ask FNCONE about it since he is the one who has been helping me with my wiring projects. He has an Alldata subscription so I'm sure he could find a CB7 diagram.

Thanks for posting your info, it all can't hurt in trying to piece this wiring together.

That would be a big help. Still looking.

Ebay seller was jdmexpressjapanese

Some hard efforts there, Chris. Thanks for documenting this; It's the doorway to one of the biggest yet uncommon upgrades on our coupes.

Patiently waiting for the video clips, when the time comes. :)

It's probably the white wall's reflection, but did you use the clear bra spray like you did it on your side skirts?

I was going to do the RSX mirror DIY that FNCONE posted, until it was found out that UA5 mirrors are bolt-on for coupes. Anyway at that point things became much simpler. When this is over I'll definitely have a couple people to thank. I would have loved to do a write up for you guys but between being slammed at work and getting our dining room remodeled at home, I am behind on getting this project done as it is. If anyone goes to attempt it though, I am more than happy to try and help you.

I have a video but it was from when they were first mounted and still white, plus my creeper face is in it. :lawl: I will get another video!

No, I did not apply the clearbra. Not a bad idea though, I'll think that over.

DANGEROUSLY close to that garage edge, no?

I had to fold the mirror just to get out haha.

Last edited:
Back