Anyone have a spare distributor off their 4cyl?

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I was installing a new distributor shaft seal to replace a badly leaking one. The marks I put on the bottom of the distributor base wore off from handling it as I was pressing out the pin at the base. I should have used punch marks in hindsight. I need to find the correct orientation when reinstalling this, as it is possible to get it 180 degrees out of phase.

Option 1: If the mark on distributor base is on the top and pointing in the 12:00 position, the rotor button is pointed at the 10:00 position.

Option 2: If the mark on distributor base in on top and pointing in the 12:00 position, the rotor button is pointed at the 4:00 position.

If anyone would happen to have the 4cly Hitachi distributor off their car and could find this out for me I would be very grateful.

Here is a picture of Option 1

Machined scored line on top @ 12:00

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
Appreciate that feedback. You saved me a huge headache. Fixed one leak. Found Another. This time Vtec solenoid gasket. Hopefully I will have a dry motor after this.

305S0L

Reaction score
sorry to bump old thread!
Did you ever get the pin in the correct position?

I attempted this on the weekend and wasnt able to get the pin out!
Can you post a DIY on your method?

Thank you!

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
sorry to bump old thread!
Did you ever get the pin in the correct position?

I attempted this on the weekend and wasnt able to get the pin out!
Can you post a DIY on your method?

Thank you!

Yeah, the pin goes on just as it was shown in the picture. I will try to post a picture in tonight.

Back