FMU topic

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Yup, I've seen the design of them. Simple but effective, works just like a Westgate in my opinion. Not much that can fail there.

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
I'm running 7lbs on a stock engine 270k too lol with a stock clutch (oem like). Engine is loving the boost but leaning out if I give it more then 1/4 throttle. Running like 16:1 afr

akoutmos

Reaction score
What does your setup look like?

I would do it right and get some bigger injectors, a fuel pump, and a programmable ecu or piggy back. FMUs are a hack. What are you doing to control ignition timing?

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
I have stock injectors and stock fuel pump currently. I have missing link too trick the ecu so I can boost. I have nothing for ignition timing right now.

Have you personally tried the fmu?

akoutmos

Reaction score
When i did my first turbo build 12 years ago and didn't know much I ran an FMU and some other crap parts. Don't do it!

Doing it right may cost a bit more money, but you'll have a reliable car and one that works. These hacks don't actually work. My stock block F23A5 was running 15psi (switched over to AEM 3.5 map sensor since the stock map sensor peaks at ~10psi) for a long time with no issues (beat the heck out of it too between autocross and drag racing). Tuned it myself on AEM and was running RC 750cc injectors and a walbro fuel pump.

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
I know I have to upgrade map sensor once I wanna crank up the boost and also the fuel pump and injectors.

As for the fmu I gave it a shot since I ordered it.... Now this is were the horror begins. The thing was built incorrectly, at idle it was backflowing my injectors making me run 10.1 at idle!!! Wtf!!! So I took it apart and had too do some serious modification in there, had too cut the spacer ring so the disc could slide through the spacer.. Then the plunger was too tall and causing it too close without seeing boost. I cut the plunger and now it works great! Running 13afr at wide open throttle... But there is a slight down fall, I can feel a delay in the fuel. Like it takes time for it to backflow the injectoes but once it kicks in man it feels great! I'm gonna shoot a video of my setup just too share my experience with fmu

Last edited:
Back