Top speed

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Today I pushed the little accord and got it to top at 100 before running out of road.... What's everyone else at??

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I've had my 98 2.3L Auto up to like 90ish, but that's because a semi wanted to be where I was on the interstate. That's the fastest I've had it going, but I'm sure it could go faster.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
While going fast can be fun I would recommend doing it at the track. There's just too much that could go wrong doing it on the road.
For example:
Someone could pull out in front of you and you wouldn't have time to react.
A deer could run out in front of you
Some other animal could run out in front of you.
There could be something laying in the road just on the other side of a hill where you can't see it until it's too late
You could get one heck of a speeding ticket.

I usually see how quickly I can go from 0-60. It's a bit safer because you're not going any faster than you normally would. And I like getting thrown back in my seat more than just going fast.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Above advice is spot on though like i tell my daughters think safety first you cant take it back if something goes wrong, that being said 120mph for me i believe but im also running 195/50r15 so my speedo is off, it said 125mph had alot more rpm to go in 5th gear. Wouldnt push it much more even being lowered any wind was trying to blow me all over the road. Oh in this of course was on a closed course down in Mexico.

Last edited:

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine to 133 on my f23 5spd years ago when I first got my car, it took forever but it did get there.
As others have said its not advised but it is your choice.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
in my first accord, f23 auto, i hit 135mph once back in 2005, took forever to get there :lawl: my second accord, f23 5mt, i hit 200kmh once. between them i had a '07 gti though, and i hit 150mph in that like the first week i owned it haha. kind of lost the want to go fast like that after the 150 run though. it's fun, but really stupid at the same time. i don't even remember the last time i went over 90mph in my frs haha.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
98 Accord - 120 (took too long to bother trying for faster)
'05 Impreza - 120 (it topped out in Canada no less, lol)
'11 WRX - speedo ends at 140 and I wrapped it
'99 Yukon - 80 and it was scary

kn0x47

Reaction score
110-120 i think in a stock 2000 camry. Right after i slowed down i saw flashing lights in my rear view mirror. luckily it was at night and the cop couldn't tell which car i was and he ended up driving past me. I've had no interest in driving excessively fast sense then

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Up here in good ole Canada if you get caught doing 40km above the posted limit it's like a 250 (or something) ticket plus they impound your car for at least a week in which you have to pay the storage fees to get it back on top of that they give you points which cost u like another 100 or so and that bill comes on your ****ing birthday so happy birthday lol. But I just did 95mph on the way home from work it was 3am so roads were empty and the deers were hung over and sleeping.

Back