suggestions for replacement brake light?

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Those eBay LEDs are usually of low quality, burn out quick, or are very dim even with the vast amount of LEDs they put on (because they are low quality)

It would be better not to waste your money and just save up towards some from a reputable company. I dont know about the coupe, but on my sedan I replaced all my tail lights with LEDs and they were all plug and play (pull old bulb out of socket, insert LED and youre good to go). I got all of mine from superbrightleds.com , and I can vouche that they are amazing. You can see some pics of them in my members ride thread, or I can take some and PM you if interested.

Superbrightleds.com also has a vehicle bulb search that will give you the needed sizes for all the bulbs in your car. Just put in the car year , model, etc.

As others have said get the red LEDs to match your red lense. Thats what I have on my sedan.

As for hyperflashing, I am not too sure about this issue. I personally just left regular bulbs for the turn signals.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You do NOT need resistors at all. Just the Triton/Novita EP34 Flasher from advanced Auto or napa. You just do the LED mod to the brake lamps. Coupes are listed here on the forum. Its one wire you depin and tape off. No brake warning lamp. The flasher you just plug in.

This, easy quick fix for the hyperflash. If you put LED’s in the brake lights though you will need resistors or the brakelamp warning light will illuminate. Or you can live with it. The flasher unit only helps with hyperflashing.

Coupes use 3057's? Weird. My sedan, 599 & 919 both use 7443's, I only have to keep one pack of spares, lol.

Yeah coupe brake/tail lights are all 3057 or 3157. Except the reverse lights and 3rd brake light, those are 7440.

can you explain how you can tell they are bad?

They are not high output, and they are only forward firing. For tail lights you want radial firing LED’s as well as forward firing for good spread/output.

These are a little better. I would stick with SBL or VLED though, you never know what you’re getting with Ebay LED’s unless the listing is very descriptive and lists sizes and specs. Some people have been happy with Ebay LED’s. Just choose wisely. And don’t buy from LEDAutomotive.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Cheap led bulbs tend to burn out (a few diodes go bad) fast, and they usually last only a couple of years in general. Yeah I would go w/ SBLEDS or VLEDS. SBLEDS website seems to have more information (specs on their items). And yes you need red ones for taillights.

ey361995

Reaction score
Look at it like this, the regular halogen bulbs from Sylvania cost what 6 bucks for two? Those LEDs are only a dollar more for supposedly brighter output and LEDs. If you did by them chances are they would be only slightly brighter and burn out very quickly. :lurking: you get what you pay for.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
This, easy quick fix for the hyperflash. If you put LED’s in the brake lights though you will need resistors or the brakelamp warning light will illuminate. Or you can live with it. The flasher unit only helps with hyperflashing.

I don't have any BRAKE LAMP out warning with my LED's I disabled the warning at the lamp. Super easy.

sg_81

Reaction score
sorry to revive an old thread but i've been searching through the forum and found nothing so i thought i would post the problem here since its about led's. I bought some led brake light bulbs for my accord and i didnt notice until the night time that when i step on the brake without the corner lights being on that all my dashboard lights come on and my corner lights turn on as well. Now here is the funny part as soon as i switch the corner lights on my brake lights will turn on but wont get brighter when i step on the brake. Anyone come across this? Bad bulbs maybe....Help

Back