Not a big honda guy

dev199505

Reaction score
Ok as title says not a big honda fan (mostly cause the way they sound with any mods done) but ive been looking into a mid to late 90s accord mostly for fuel economy, just wondering of theres anything i should look out for

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look out for quarter panel, subframe, brake line, and fuel line rot if its from a northern state that uses salt. Igntion replacement, can be a pain if you have 2 mismatching keys.

Those are usually the big problems.

H22's are good engines, I personally wouldn't use/swap one unless I knew the history behind it b/c of the cylinder sleeves and that they tend to eat the rings with higher mileage.

dev199505

Reaction score
Look out for quarter panel, subframe, brake line, and fuel line rot if its from a northern state that uses salt. Igntion replacement, can be a pain if you have 2 mismatching keys.

It is from utah so when i hear back from the guy ill look at the car a little more

dev199505

Reaction score

H22's are good engines, I personally wouldn't use/swap one unless I knew the history behind it b/c of the cylinder sleeves and that they tend to eat the rings with higher mileage.
What engine would the accord have in it? One im looking at is a 1997 Accord EX

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
What engine would the accord have in it? One im looking at is a 1997 Accord EX

the 4 cylinder 5th gen accords have f22b1's in them, maybe different variants of the b# too, i'm not completely sure.

the 4 cylinder 6th gens have f23a1, a4, or a5. a5s are in the dx models and have ~15hp less, a1s and a4s are in the rest, a1s having the highest hp/tq rating. the a4s are the ulev engines.

Back