Removing the Cat

irtiza18

Reaction score
Ok so... my cat is clogged up (unfortunately an aftermarket one was installed by previous owner) worst part is, its welded on. my thoughts are, should i remove the garbage cat. and put a test pipe with a extender bung for the O2 sensor. even thou its still the stock exhaust system. this would be my temp fix till i get my hands on a better system. 2000 V6 sedan

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Should be OK but don't quote me on it. I think u can buy oem type cat that's weld in I'm pretty sure that's what I have but I can't remember.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Unfortunately the previous owner kind of butchered the piping by doing that, since in order to get it back to OEM you'd have to cut the pipe and get flanges welded to fit an OE cat. In your case I'd just get a universal high flow cat and have it welded in.

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah I agree get like a universal magnaflow cat or some other good brand and have it welded on. A test pipe would make the exhaust sound bad

irtiza18

Reaction score
Unfortunately the previous owner kind of butchered the piping by doing that, since in order to get it back to OEM you'd have to cut the pipe and get flanges welded to fit an OE cat. In your case I'd just get a universal high flow cat and have it welded in.
I was thinking of putting the test pipe for temporary fit. im trying to get the catback system that you have on. and unfortunly i have the change out evrything. so thinking a test pipe might be the cheap way.

twofast4u

Reaction score
on my 4 cyl i hollowed out my cat, and extended the 02 sensor. Passed etest twice like that!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No point in buying one with flanges if you are just going to cut them off. And you don't need to move the sensor out for an HFC.

irtiza18

Reaction score
No point in buying one with flanges if you are just going to cut them off. And you don't need to move the sensor out for an HFC.

can i get universal magnaflow HFC (with the extender o2) and welded it in with the stock exhaust system? and btw im trying to PM you, and i cant cuz apparently your inbox is filled alot of messgeas. thats the error its giving me

Back