Transmission fluid color

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I was just about to add some Lucas transmission fix because my transmission has been acting up lately. I was draining some fluid and it is very dark and burnt. My issue is that Im not sure if I should just add the Lucas transmission fix and leave the fluid as is or change out all the fluid and add the transmission fix. I know that I have heard that changing out all the transmission fluid on high milage cars can cause more damage than good. Opinions please. Auto transmission btw

Last edited:

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I used it last year around this time and it seemed to work really well. I knew it was just a band-aid but it has prolonged the transmission long than I expected. I just added a bottle but still would like to know whether its worth draining all the trans fluid and replacing it or just leave it as is.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Most say leave it, some flush it and have no issues. Its a touchy subject on these damn transmissions. I changed mine and had no problem.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I never put much stock in the "dirty fluid theory", I would drain and refill. Never flush the auto trans.

Back