DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
Yet again a late and a quick update.
P_20160626_135434.jpg

P_20160626_135056.jpg

P_20160626_135354.jpg

Getting there. All coolant hoses done. All vacuum lines done except the dashpot. Took me a while to get my hybrid solution sorted and working. As it was a OBD1 it had a vacuum box. Deleted it and replaced most of the OBD1 solenoid type valves with el. solenoids from the J30a1. (for example the EGR was part vacuum and part electrical. I replaced with the J30a1 that is fully electrical) Same for the petrol vapor purge etc.

Was able to used the old vacuum chamber from the cruise control and adapted that to the NSX engines intake chamber volume control solenoid.

Bought new fuel lines and will measure/cut and then get the ends pressed with the right adapters.

New oil filter installed and oil is in. Can start filling the coolant system on tuesday.

Intake pipe need a bit of work. Ordered the right diameter adapter that i will glue onto the existing pipe and then should be able to attach it to the TB.

Finding the right throttle cable was a bit of a issue as it needed to be 1.5m long. I found that the J30a1 cruise control cable was 2m. Did a small modification and now have a 1,5m throttle cable.

Have not done: Power steering and AC. Turns out I cant use the NSX compressor. There is just no room. But i might be able to use a K20 compressor if i can replace the work wheel with the right one.

So i got about 5 cm of space from the lower AC mount point to the subframe. NSX ac compressors mount itself is about 6cm high + the height of the bolt head.
DSC_0095.jpg

Front subframe had to be cut so the exhaust header would not hit it and would fit.
DSC_0086.jpg

Other then the mentioned problems the has goon smooth.

Exhaust i have only done the downpipes as i am going to get it made from stainless steel.

After all solenoids and electrical components are tested and ecu pin-s checked i can start her up for more then 5 sec

Funny fact: The NSX engine at the moments seems to be lighter then the J30a1 with AT trans as my car looks like a Jeep now with the stock springs.
P_20160622_144736.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thank you thank you for keeping this going and updating with your progress! I absolutely love reading and learning about what you are doing. This has to be the most interesting thing I have seen done on a 6thgen.

DH48

Reaction score
So fuel lines are done. Even was able to use the fuel pulsation damper off of the J30a1. Had the lines custom made and best part was that they were able to use most of the old parts. Total cost was 16 euro.

P_20160702_150151.jpg

The damper and return line (Fixed to the head cover with metal brackets)
P_20160702_150157.jpg

Today i will get the last parts for the clutch system. The right slave cyl. with the bleeder on the end and not to the side like on most civic with a D engine.
Also will get the correct bracket for the transmission cables/linkage on the transmission side. In the end finding custom cables turned out be harder then expected so i will just join two. Ill take pictures on how i did it as soon as its done.

Started on the interior wiring aswell. Had to install the dash so i am able to see if all the gauges work when i start here up.

P_20160703_151816.jpg

Will try to find some new stud bolts for the exhaust manifolds as i need the exhaust to have the downpipe if i want to drive the car out of the garage and onto a trailer (to go and get the exhaust made)

Varnell

Reaction score
Started on the interior wiring aswell. Had to install the dash so i am able to see if all the gauges work when i start here up.

P_20160703_151816.jpg

I came here to see why it's been so long between updates and found my answer. Keep up the good work. Still rooting for you.

Back